Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

'95 Fiesta mk3 Si : airbag light on

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 09:30 PM
DarioE30
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 Fiesta mk3 Si : airbag light on

Hello everybody from Italy! This is my first post here. I've just bought a 1995 Fiesta 1.6 16v PRO (Si for UK). When i did the test drive before buying the car last Friday i noticed that the aribag light was on. The car has both front airbags.
At the moment i can't say anything else because the car is still at the previous owner home. Anyway, have you got any suggestions about? Like sensors to look at\check or so.
I hope i'll find the time to bring it home during this week.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. Sorry if i did something wrong in my first post. I didn't find a forum area to create a presentation topic, and the link about forum rules in the pm didn't work.
.....and sorry for any grammar errors i've probably made...i try to do my best but i'm Italian and English isn't my first language.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:41 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Check the wiring under the seats. Quite common the the wiring to the seat belt pretensioner breaks with the seat being slid backwards and forwards.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:56 PM
DarioE30
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your advice Richie!! Tomorrow afternoon i'll finally bring home my Fiesta, then i'll check those wires.