Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

2007 Zetec-S TDCi Start Up Problem & Engine Cooling Fan

Search this Thread

Old 13-04-2015, 10:37 PM
new_horizon
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Zetec-S TDCi Start Up Problem & Engine Cooling Fan

Hi All,

Recently purchased a 1.6 TDCi and have absolutely loved driving it so far - perhaps my favourite car of all time?!

Have driven the car around 500 miles since I bought it last week and it's been perfect. Nippy and economical as well as looking good.

Problem started when I got home and after I turned the engine off, noticed the fan was running very fast and loudly. Figured the car must have needed cooling down (it was a hot day) but popped out 30 minutes later and noticed it still running. The battery was run down to nothing and the car stuck on the driveway.

I got hold of some jump leads and as soon as connected, the fan kicked in again, but despite the dash lights coming on, the car wouldn't start. We disconnected the fan switch and still the car would not turn over - not even firing, just dead once you turn the key to the ignition setting).

After some research, replaced the engine fan relay in the fuse box behind the glove box and fitted a new battery. Sadly, the fan still started up and the car wouldn't start (waste of £70 so far!). I disturbed the main fuse box (trying to get into it) behind the battery after disconnecting the battery and then tried again. The fan did not cut in...but the car still won't start.

So now stuck with a car that won't turn over at all (no noise, nothing). All electricals are working - windows, blowers, central locking etc - just will not start. The immobiliser light goes off once the car is opened with the central locking, so I don't think it is that either.

Any suggestions would be welcome?

Thanks