Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

Locks and immobiliser

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:15 AM
andytwonames
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locks and immobiliser

My S reg fiesta has got to be scrapped. Too much needs doing to pass the MOT.

My local scrappy will give me a good price for the scrap and they don't break the vehicle for parts so they don't care what I take off of it first.

I fitted a brand new set of locks a couple of years ago and I figure that I will harvest them and put them on ebay but I'm wondering about the immobiliser electronics.

I am happy to just sell the locks but I reckon if I can hand over locks plus the bits which would make the new car accept my existing keys, it would be worth more.

Is it doable? what bits would I need to harvest?

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:54 PM
-Andy-
Rotbox Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andytwonames
My S reg fiesta has got to be scrapped. Too much needs doing to pass the MOT.

My local scrappy will give me a good price for the scrap and they don't break the vehicle for parts so they don't care what I take off of it first.

I fitted a brand new set of locks a couple of years ago and I figure that I will harvest them and put them on ebay but I'm wondering about the immobiliser electronics.

I am happy to just sell the locks but I reckon if I can hand over locks plus the bits which would make the new car accept my existing keys, it would be worth more.

Is it doable? what bits would I need to harvest?

Thanks.
Hi mate,

yes all fully harvestable. The ECU is located in the passenger footwell that matches the chip in your key.

To remove all the locks would take on average a half an hour obviously the complete set is: Ignition Barrel, Fuel Cap, Boot lock and both door locks.

The ECU is held in place with a cage thats riveted into the footwell with a multi plug thats secured to the edu with a 10mm bolt.

Hope this helps.

Andy