Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

New here, need some help :/

Old 27-10-2014, 10:04 PM
technoraver
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New here, need some help :/

hey guys, im looking to buy my mates 2001 mk 5 fiesta zetec s, its been sat for three years untill yesterday, rust aint that bad on it,he said its got 4-2-1 de-cat manifold, puma injectors and airflow meter/airbox.......the prob is it wont fire up, there's power, everything works,it try's to turn over,could this be the fuel pump? if so is it a tank out job on the fiestas? ive never owned a zetec s, ive had an old 1,25 zetec se, how hard is it to do? pretty handy with a spanner, i've checked the fuel pump fuse and relay and its all fine, it was parked up running with no problems.....any help would be great, and im sorry if this is in the wrong section, cheers all.

carl
Old 28-10-2014, 07:16 AM
-Andy-
Rotbox Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by technoraver
hey guys, im looking to buy my mates 2001 mk 5 fiesta zetec s, its been sat for three years untill yesterday, rust aint that bad on it,he said its got 4-2-1 de-cat manifold, puma injectors and airflow meter/airbox.......the prob is it wont fire up, there's power, everything works,it try's to turn over,could this be the fuel pump? if so is it a tank out job on the fiestas? ive never owned a zetec s, ive had an old 1,25 zetec se, how hard is it to do? pretty handy with a spanner, i've checked the fuel pump fuse and relay and its all fine, it was parked up running with no problems.....any help would be great, and im sorry if this is in the wrong section, cheers all.

carl
Hi Carl,

If its been sat 3 years left to rot could be a number of things you can tell if the pumps priming when the key is turned to the 2nd stage of ignition as it makes a whirling/pumping sound.

As it was running when put away then the obvious may be the issue. Check spark plugs, HT Leads add fresh fuel etc.

As for changing the pump then the tank has to be removed from the underside of the car. Its a car that unfortunately you can not remove a cover and extract the pump.

Hope that helps a little.

Andy...
Old 28-10-2014, 07:33 AM
oldford
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Let your mate repair the car and don't look at it again until the engine is running.
Old 28-10-2014, 07:56 AM
technoraver
Virgin

hes only asking 300 that's why i was intrested, in buying it, because i've got room for a few quid to be spent without worrying about loosing too much, cheers for the help both. is the tank there to get too, ie: unbolt and drop, or has amything got to be moved,
Old 28-10-2014, 08:05 AM
technoraver
Virgin

oh yeah......can not hear anything from fuel pump, even with fuel cap off and ear close to tank, , for the sake of a few quid trying a new fuel pump, leads, plugs, do you think its worth it, could sell it for more in parts as there's alot of one off bits and bobs been custom made for the car, ie: full stainless exhaust , manifold all way through , twin exit tailpipes, custom diffuser custom zetec s front bumper and custom splitter, custom arches, stripped out interior, racing seats , harnesses, wheels and tyres brand new before being parked up, was a very well known car around the south wales area , cheers guys
Old 28-10-2014, 08:13 AM
-Andy-
Rotbox Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hes only asking 300 that's why i was intrested, in buying it, because i've got room for a few quid to be spent without worrying about loosing too much, cheers for the help both. is the tank there to get too, ie: unbolt and drop, or has amything got to be moved,
oh yeah......can not hear anything from fuel pump, even with fuel cap off and ear close to tank, , for the sake of a few quid trying a new fuel pump, leads, plugs, do you think its worth it, could sell it for more in parts as there's alot of one off bits and bobs been custom made for the car, ie: full stainless exhaust , manifold all way through , twin exit tailpipes, custom diffuser custom zetec s front bumper and custom splitter, custom arches, stripped out interior, racing seats , harnesses, wheels and tyres brand new before being parked up, was a very well known car around the south wales area , cheers guys
At £300 thats quite a lot for a non running zs bud. Ive bought several in the last few years last 2 were both under £150. The tank is unbolt and drop. You will probably have fun getting the pump out as they can corrode into place.

If you think your not going to lose anything and its not rotten it could be worth buying for a little project or similar but i still think £300 is a lot.

Search this Thread