Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Losing weight.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:52 PM
extra18
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losing weight.

After a long christmas and a large gut it was time to cut back on all the chips and kebabs. Naturally as a young lad i was thin until i started going the gym in my teens, i then put a bit of weight on and started to fill out. A few years ago i stopped goin the gym and just messed about at home with the occasional dumb bell etc. This is when it all went wrong. I can now put weight on really easy when as a kid it was hard to put any weight on at all. I did the atkins diet early last year and lost nearly 2 stone without any exercise, which i have now put back on. Now i want to lose at least 2 stone again but im thinking of getting back into weights. Should i just start the gym as i am now and work the weight off and try and turn it to muscle or should i do the atkins for a couple of weeks as a starter? The atkins is a piece of piss to me and i can lose over a stone in 10 days but when i go the gym will this go straight back on? any ideas?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The key is what happens when you come off the atkins. TRaining will help burn the extra calories, but you are obviously eating too much for it to go back on again. Whats you typical daily food intake like?
Old 10-01-2006, 08:10 AM
extra18
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Not too good to be honest. When itys cold the building where i work gets really cold so i have a chippy most days for dinner, i AM cutting this out tho, that was one resolution.... I had a pasta bowl with salad and chicken yesterday and it was very nice so thinking of something like that most days. For tea i just have a normal meal with no desserts. The main problem was maccys,kfc,and kebabs late at night. I have stopped this now. I was eating well to much shite but not anymore. Bsaically, if i did the atkins and lost 1 stone+ would the weight stay off i ate correctly and started training?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:45 AM
RSPTG
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by adam@quikshift
if i did the atkins and lost 1 stone+ would the weight stay off i ate correctly and started training?
Yes, if you lost the stone and then ate correctly and did a bit of training you could maintain that weight for as long as you wanted, you could even have your treats with in reason.