Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Trained properly for once!

Old 27-01-2014, 03:29 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Trained properly for once!

Always thought I had it nailed when it came to training. How wrong was I. Spent full day at UP Gym mayfair ( http://upfitness.co.uk/locations/may...-training-gym/ ) yesterday for their Back Hypertrophy camp. F*** me is all I can say. We trained 3 times in the day and Ive never been pushed so hard, seriously ready to collapse at the end of the day. My CV isn't the best (tren sides ) but I managed just so quite chuffed there. Learnt so much and will be able to apply the work ethic hopefully to my subsequent workouts. Was £150 for the day I can honestly say its going to do a lot more for me than £150 of supplements would do. Only sharing as I think its worth noting that a small investment in some professional instruction/education can yield such massive gains compared to the easy trap of thinking spending more on supplements/gear is the way to go.
Old 27-01-2014, 06:10 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell us more about what you have learned then.
Old 28-01-2014, 12:27 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think it would be of much use as it was targeted at my body personally. So things like my restricted range of motion in the lats and how to train around that to recruit them better wouldn't apply to yourself. Things like correct stance and how to know when adjust certain things are again specific to my frame. Education based around Sarcoplasmic or myofibrillar hypertrophy and when/how to train with that goal was very interesting. Point I was making that its often overlooked, certainly in the circle of people that I know, to gain proper sound education. I was certainly guilty of thinking I knew what I was doing after all these years. The time old saying of 'if I only knew then what I know now' certainly rings true.