Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

getting a superman body

Search this Thread

Old 18-06-2013, 05:37 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default getting a superman body

if you've not seen the film, henry cavill spent 5 months hitting the gym to get to the size he is for the superman role, so, realistacally, how many guys are going to hit the gym for a week of pure lifting before giving up and going back to being a couch potato?
Old 18-06-2013, 07:24 PM
SeanW88
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll skip the gym and just go straight back to the couch
Old 18-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
if you've not seen the film, henry cavill spent 5 months hitting the gym to get to the size he is for the superman role, so, realistacally, how many guys are going to hit the gym for a week of pure lifting before giving up and going back to being a couch potato?
when your getting paid,its no big deal
are you sure your not a closet gay what with this guys body and wrestling
Old 18-06-2013, 08:35 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Superman body is made in the kitchen not in the gym.
Old 19-06-2013, 07:02 AM
dojj

If I could do nothing but train and eat and sleep I would

But I can't so I'm going to join the ranks of guys who are going to hitter gym hard and then give up because its too hard

But is it a reasonable goal to achive a physique like his with just hard work in a few months? I remember takes of Sergio Olivia from back in the day who went to work and then spent all his free time in the gym and eating eggs, would that work today?
Old 19-06-2013, 05:47 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

No you wouldn't get a body like his in a few months.you would however get brilliant results if you were an actor and thats all you were doing and someone was making your food and pushing you like hell day in day out.
Old 19-06-2013, 06:20 PM
doga-ot
wesskitzo

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

If I could do nothing but train and eat and sleep I would

But I can't so I'm going to join the ranks of guys who are going to hitter gym hard and then give up because its too hard

But is it a reasonable goal to achive a physique like his with just hard work in a few months? I remember takes of Sergio Olivia from back in the day who went to work and then spent all his free time in the gym and eating eggs, would that work today?
dojj you should already know the answer to this just look at Ryan Reeves(Ryback) on 3rd December 2011 he broke his ankle he hit the gym hard day and night from then until his returned on the 6th April and look at the size difference(and they are regularly drugs tested), or Dwayne Johnson(Rock) his bulk goes up and down between films etc

Last edited by doga-ot; 19-06-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 19-06-2013, 06:31 PM
YOREVOL
YOREVOL

i'm already on the couch! i did drive past a gym on my way home. the emphasis is on the word "past".
Old 19-06-2013, 06:42 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by doga-ot
dojj you should already know the answer to this just look at Ryan Reeves(Ryback) on 3rd December 2011 he broke his ankle he hit the gym hard day and night from then until his returned on the 6th April and look at the size difference(and they are regularly drugs tested), or Dwayne Johnson(Rock) his bulk goes up and down between films etc
what i noticed about ryback was that his flabby muscle virtually overnight turned into well defined muscle, so either he's upped his training regime or he's upped something else

remember when hhh returned after tearing his quad? he had so much upper body mass he was too rigid in the ring, he looked superb but couldn't wrestle until he dropped about 15 lbs

rock's weight has never gone above the 265lb mark since his recent return to the ring because he's been spending his time making films and not solely training for the wwf, but his musculature has made him look leaner than he was, while still retaining his size, especially his triceps

but in all the above cases, these guys spend every waking moment in the gym being trained by experts and eating what the experts tell them to eat, so how does your normal guy compete with this sort of onslaught?

my cousin is only 5 foot 8 but weighs around 100kgs and is built like the proverbial brick outhouse, because all he does in his spare time is train, he's got a gym in his cellar and he's always in there, and has been there since about 1980

so there is no short cut to becoming huge then?
Old 19-06-2013, 06:49 PM
doga-ot
wesskitzo

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

so there is no short cut to becoming huge then?
The answer your looking for is yes but not the natural way Steroids
Old 19-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doga-ot
The answer your looking for is yes but not the natural way Steroids
steroids don't do nothing unless you put the time in and eat correctly,
Old 28-06-2013, 05:42 PM
rstdave
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't believe the transformations like that in so little time are 100% drug free, but as already said even with 'assistance' you'd still have to train damn hard and eat damn well to get results in such a short space of time!
The average person training and eating as well as is practical with work etc won't see huge gains in just a few months imo.
Old 28-06-2013, 06:09 PM
TOOTALL
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a question for ye. I have always wanted to get "bigger" as in muscle. I am 6'8", 112kg at the min and do not have the time to go gym after work. I am also 33 now, so maybe too late. Anyway. I do however have a cellar under the house, and am wondering if it's possible to get decent equipment for say £1000 that would be any good. I'm talking those multi gym set ups.
Old 28-06-2013, 07:08 PM
dojj

how much space to you have to the ceiling?

my cousin has a gym setup in his basement, but he's only 5 foot 8, and so is his ceiling

but it's enough for a bench and some free weights

i've got a multi gym in the garage but it needs around 6 foot 6 worth of clearance to use, let alone set up
Old 28-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Longdog3004
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I got twin Multi gym in my garage behind the 4i that with some free weights protein shake eating well and dedication will get you there mate,
Keep looking on eBay n face book for decent multi gym mine only cost £180 for £600 gym
Or join boxing gym I been member for couple of years and there's nothing like there cardio workouts
Old 28-06-2013, 07:29 PM
dojj

bought mine from a guy here, best £60 i ever spent and it goes all the way up to 140 kgs

pity i can't push more than about 35

been gyming more regularly now in the morning and evening for the past week or so and it's made a noticable difference to me anyhow, just got to keep going

best line i've heard recently?

"you ain't cheatin anyone but yourself"