Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Some advice on bulking and training please !!

Search this Thread

Old 31-05-2012, 05:40 PM
essex-monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some advice on bulking and training please !!

Hi all im 6,2 and until recently weighted 15 stone ive shed 2.5 stone of fat and now looking to bulk up with muscle but worried about adding too much fat again , some advice on what weight gain or protein shake would be good and what training should i be focusing on ?? been doing a lot of cardio to burn the fat ie 5-10 mile runs etc , but wanting to bulk up now . thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 07:41 PM
2wdsaph ben
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have a look on my protein website they had a good forum and their products are really good.
Watch out who you listen to because everybody thinks they know everything about training and I kept listening to everyone. I only listen to the lad who works in the gym now, i stuck to the same routine and started seeing the gains. All the while I was doing one week of this then one week of that I wasnt getting anywhere
Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Are you happy with your current fat levels??
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 AM
essex-monkey

Hi ideally if I'm not going going to bulk I'd lose a bit more fat for some shape and definition but not really to worried if I bulk and carry a little fat if that makes sense
Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

My advice would be to get to the fat levels you want when there are muscles there first. recomp (losing fat whilst adding muscle) is alot harder and slower to do than one or the other.

If you are losing weight at the moment then you are probably catabolic. Not so great for adding muscle. Get the last few lbs off and then clean bulk. By that you need maintence carbs only, lots of protein and good fats. You will need to find what works for you with those but I would guess 400/500gr good carbs source (rice, sweet pots etc), 300gr of actual protein (meats, fish & shakes). Fats I'm not so sure as not monitoring those personally.

As for shakes, I try and keep it simple with protein only. Not weight gainer as they are best for hard gainers that burn lots of calories (ectomorph). If you don't stay skinny regardless of what you eat then no need for the extra carbs/calories gained from them as they will be detrimental to a clean bulk.
Old 14-06-2012, 09:40 AM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kieron
My advice would be to get to the fat levels you want when there are muscles there first. recomp (losing fat whilst adding muscle) is alot harder and slower to do than one or the other.

If you are losing weight at the moment then you are probably catabolic. Not so great for adding muscle. Get the last few lbs off and then clean bulk. By that you need maintence carbs only, lots of protein and good fats. You will need to find what works for you with those but I would guess 400/500gr good carbs source (rice, sweet pots etc), 300gr of actual protein (meats, fish & shakes). Fats I'm not so sure as not monitoring those personally.

As for shakes, I try and keep it simple with protein only. Not weight gainer as they are best for hard gainers that burn lots of calories (ectomorph). If you don't stay skinny regardless of what you eat then no need for the extra carbs/calories gained from them as they will be detrimental to a clean bulk.

plus 1 on this

for my self ( not saying the op has to do this)
i add 1 scoop of of carbs to every protein shake as carbs are the main carriers for protein
especially after training

its tinny things like this that can make a world of difference
Old 29-06-2012, 04:27 PM
essex-monkey

thanks im going to start next week , down to 12st now just working on my macros and diet
Old 20-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Some good videos to advise you mate...

And then click through the other trainer videos in the side. All the best, Benni.

Benni