Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

nearly two years on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 31-10-2011, 03:55 AM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default nearly two years on!!!

just found an old pic when i started training beggining of last year.12st 2

heres one from yesterday.........15st8
need to get ones of my legs as they are some size now and definetly my best bodypart.goal is to compete may 2013 at paisley town hall.arms are going to be my weekpoint and need to hammer them to try bring them up to scratch but have to work around some tendon issues that hinder me going balls out with them.i reckon i should look decent by then once i put on some more lean mass and then diet down a few stone.im sure the trained eyes in the room will be able to spot how wide my lats are now aswell.

Last edited by stevenebm; 31-10-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 31-10-2011, 05:25 AM
simo2k2000
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How tall are you mate? I was 11.5 stone before and now up to 12 stone and I'm 5'9" maybe 5'10". Would love to get up to 13 stone but I'm not sure my frame will allow it...

Looking good by the way. Some good results there
Old 31-10-2011, 06:28 AM
stevenebm
post whore

I'm about 5ft 11 or a bit smaller.need to get myself measured.everybody can get bigger mate it's just about eating right and most importantly lots of it.
Old 31-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Back looks massive!

I agree arms are the weakpoint. Some people say doing 6-8 sets after leg day is a good time to bring up a lagging bodypart due to the higher amount of natural growth hormone in the body.... whether there is any truth in that i dont know but it sounds kinda plausible.

Good luck, good gains.
Old 31-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Defo nice wide lats, traps look good too. Whats the side profile like? I found I went up and out like that before getting any thickness. Have you got to the thickening out stage yet?

Seen some decent changes there though, keep on at it. Not easy is it. Takes years.
Old 31-10-2011, 12:42 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Coldo il give that a go as there's no harm in trying.

Keiron the side profile is decent but as everything it could be better.I really need
to get the other half to take pics but I hate how White I look in them.could be doing with a tan!will pop in to your journal over by and see how your getting on.
Old 31-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Kieron

I was going mention the tan but its not fair as I know you red top, haggis eaters don't see the sun all year. Never realised you wanted to compete though.

Not alot to report tbh but yeah pop in for a look. Usual piss taking and banter. Get fed up of recording workouts as I really couldn't give a toss. I did put a pic in the transformation thread though.

Whats actuially wrong with your tendons? Stopping you from doing heavy? Or any sort of decent workout? I really like 21's or dropsets on Bi's to really kill them off. Have you tried the 20kgs on an EZ bar for 100 reps without putting the bar down? Many ways to skin a cat.
Old 31-10-2011, 03:16 PM
stevenebm
post whore

I get severe pain down my forearms if I use the ezy bar or go heavy with dumbells.the weird thing is I can do hammer curls no problem.so I do a lot of cable work for them and hammer curls across the body.the ezy bar is a killer tho and after a heavy set I can hardly let go of the bar because of the pain.
Old 31-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Kieron

Sounds more like a wrist/forearm problem to me than a bicep one.. Maybe try training them a bit?

I assume the pain is under the arm, not on the top? Thats the tendons/muscles used to curl your hand in towards the inner elbow. Under lots of strain with heavy EZ curls etc.
Old 31-10-2011, 06:03 PM
simo2k2000
PassionFord Regular

I definitely need to start eating more and get some shakes. I'm still growing but I'm going to hit a plateau if I don't up my intake.

I've got quite big legs anyway I think it's hereditary from my dad so I don't seem to train them except a run a couple of times a week. If I start smashing the legs will this help growth of other muscles?

Concerning the biceps I've got an obscene exercise with light weights... You can't put the weights down between exercises just dangle them for a 10 second break. 8kg dumbbells is all you need seriously and I can curl 22.5kg dumbbells...

10 x curls both arms together
10 x hammer curls
10 x (1 hammer together followed by 1 bicep curl both arms together)
10 x forearm curls

Couldn't straighten out my arms for 3 days the first time I did this
Old 31-10-2011, 06:11 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Originally Posted by Kieron
Sounds more like a wrist/forearm problem to me than a bicep one.. Maybe try training them a bit?

I assume the pain is under the arm, not on the top? Thats the tendons/muscles used to curl your hand in towards the inner elbow. Under lots of strain with heavy EZ curls etc.
Yeh mate it's not a bicep problem it's the pain in my forearm underneath that stops me going heavy with dumbells.as you said I should try to trian my forearms more and maybe this will help.
Old 31-10-2011, 06:18 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Originally Posted by simo2k2000
I definitely need to start eating more and get some shakes. I'm still growing but I'm going to hit a plateau if I don't up my intake.

I've got quite big legs anyway I think it's hereditary from my dad so I don't seem to train them except a run a couple of times a week. If I start smashing the
legs will this help growth of other muscles?

Concerning the biceps I've got
an obscene exercise with light weights... You can't put the
weights down between exercises just dangle them for a 10 second break. 8kg dumbbells is all you need seriously and I can curl 22.5kg dumbbells...

10 x curls both arms together
10 x hammer curls
10 x (1 hammer together followed by 1 bicep curl both arms together)
10 x forearm curls

Couldn't straighten out my arms
for 3 days the first time I did this
Yeh mate I'm the same.can curl 20's no problem but usually just burn them out with 14kg and then drop down to 10kg till I can lift anymore.
Old 31-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Kieron

Originally Posted by simo2k2000

I've got quite big legs anyway I think it's hereditary from my dad so I don't seem to train them except a run a couple of times a week. If I start smashing the legs will this help growth of other muscles?
Yes. Training legs is supposed to release growth hormones so make your body more anabolic.