Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Horrid side effects from steroid use anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 24-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Horrid side effects from steroid use anyone?

Has anybody had any personal experiance with adverse effects from steroids they are willing to share?

Or link me to some pictures, websites that show negative effects in reality from injecting or oral use.

Any help appreciated, work related and thought may make life a little easier asking people in the know as google is a landmine of info.

Thanks, Kev.
Old 24-01-2011, 05:34 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

only one i have saw over on ukmuscle is a guy who got an abscess on his glute.the docs said it wasnt so he left it a few days and was swollen right out.he had to get it cut open and puss sucked out.left a big hole where it was.il have a look for it.very rare to get horrid effects mate unless you are abusing them or not beeing clean when injecting.
Old 24-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

OK mate cheers, the people I work with are not educated in steroids use nor do they have great access to knowledge of the steroids they are taking.

They are prsioners and I am a substance misuse counsellor.

I do not have much in the way of knowledge myself in relation to steroids as I am usualy dealing with class A users etc

But I have been asked to do some one a favour and put up a small display board in a open prison where atm steroid use is massively problomatic.

The young lads are oraly using strong steroids as well as injecting and they have never used before, they have no knopwledge of stacking and there diets are also bad.

They are injecting and oraly using and I basicly wish to scare there loved ones when visiting the prison with a display board.

There are many with water retention and roid rage, only seen one with man boobs but he freely admits it was due to steroid use.

Any info apprecated bud.

Last edited by Minirotty; 24-01-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 24-01-2011, 05:48 PM
stevenebm
post whore

yeh well that is different circumstances.how the hell are they getting all the needles and stuff to use them.surely more controling of this will help.il go find that article.that will scare the shit out them.a cant log on to ukmuscle thoa s that cunt coldo got me banned
Old 24-01-2011, 05:50 PM
stevenebm
post whore

you will have to register to get the pics but beleave me they are hardcore.this guy competes so not just another numpty not knowing what hes doing.can happen to anyone.
http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/steroid-t...tures-way.html
Old 24-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Thanks Steve, I have worked in prisons for years now and you would be amazed at the stuff I have witnessed in there.

This prison with the steroid issues is a catagory D which means it is open, no fences or gates and a KFC of a weekend washed down with vodka lol

I have seen needles made from pens and tattoo guns made from paper clips and a CD player motor, as well as shit covered mobile phones lol
Old 25-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenebm
a cant log on to ukmuscle thoa s that cunt coldo got me banned

Hahaa, i'm sorry!!!

I still can't get on and still have 100% no idea why i was banned!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:10 AM
carlfiesta999
BANNED
BANNED

I did oral and injectables a couple of years ago, dianabol and sustanon cycle, then did deca jabs, ended up 16 stone at 6ft 3 tall.. only side effect i had was puffy and painful nipples (oestrogen) usual spots on my back and chest.. and i was one angry motherfucker! want to get back on them.. ive dropped to 12 stone, 2010 was a bad year, eating loads and training at the moment, really want to bulk up for summer myself.. i will say be careful if you do buy online, a lot of the sites are fakes and scams, and a lot of the time your buying sugar/chalk pills, the only one legit site i knew got shutdown.. even im stumped now. im sure someone in the know on here knows where to source them, but dont do it over here cause you will get banned! good luck
Old 12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

nice security at an open prison youd think as soon as there was any proof offenders were abusing drugs while in prison then they should be bumped up categories until they cant get hold of it.

is there mandatory drug testing in the prison system?
Old 13-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

TBH there are not half the terrible side efects that the press would have you believe.

Absesses from unclean injections as been mentioned.
Poor liver values from orals
Possible long term effects?? No-one really knows as no tests have been done.

As for scrare tactics I think your pissing into the wind. I very very much doubt they care or give consideration to the negatives. They want to get bigger and will do whatever it takes.

Is educating them to keep them safe a better idea? Like you say their diets are shite so you can approach it from the angle that steroids aren't wonder drugs and are there to aid an already complete routine/lifestyle?? So diet has to be good as does rest and then finally their training itself.

What about the fact that UG labs are illegal so what they are selling is not regulated and therefore chances are they are just putting oil into themselves. Do they know what genuine Pharma companies are producing? Do they care? If big Bill from cell 6 says its alright then it must be...

Pins... Clean needles every jab? Where do they dispose of these sharps?? What pct do they run? Do they know what it does? Is it needed for their cycles? What doses are they running and of what?

Roid rage can be best explained imo as like being a teen again. The elevated test levels like you had during puberty make you confident and cocky. It merely increases emotions that you already have. Its not going to turn mr shy and placid into a killer. A prisoner though may already be the type of person to loose his rag or not give a shit about consequences hey?

Gynocamastia (sp) or bitch tits is preventalbe with pct or anti eostegens (Nolvadex or Clomid) to hand. Its basically your body having more female hormones in its system post cycle so they become dominant and breast tissue starts to form. The mentioned drugs inhibit eostrogen production to counter the levels but gyno can usually be felt coming on as you get itchy nipples... Ignorance causes it as its easily preventable/curable.

Water retention. Kinda comes with the teritory and if they are taking strong orals like you beleive then its worse. Nap 50's maybe? The main thing about water retention is that all the gains (or the majority) that you get during a cycle are all lost when you stop. You come off, shrink so think you'd best get back into it and do more as they didn't work. Again education is best. Steroids are not addictive but if they make you feel good about yourself or bigger if thats where you want to be then general logic would hint that you need to do more to elevate the effects. No so.. Alot of big lads are not running very high doses at all and I would say your inmates are probably exceeding them....

Raisin nuts. Yes continued use of steroids will make your balls shrink. No it doesn't effect your dick. Most BB's already have a small willy anyhow, hence compensating in other areas. Your balls return to normal size once you body has kicked back in. However, natural test can take a long time to kick back. I personally took 18 months plus to be able to get my wife pregnant! Lots of doctors tests and them telling me that even HCG wouldn't work meant I stayed infertile for all that time. Low test levels meant it had the opposite to being on, as in I felt very down and miserable. Not good when you feel a failure as you can't even get your wife knocked up!!! and all the time getting smaller.

Sorry if I've waffled, its early. I'm sure someone that knows more would correct some of my points or go into it in more detail but the above is some of my take on it. In a male environment whereby they are all fighting to be top dog I don't think you will scare anyone off tbh. Yiu might be better off advising them that what they are doing is not beneficial, if they are going to do it they may as well do it right??? Maybe get a competitor in for a chat for them and to join them in the gym?? Mind you, I wouldn't mind that, let alone someone supposedly serving punishment...

UK Muscle has kinda gone to the dogs lately but the more knowledgeable and serious people from there have gone over to a new site called testosteronemuscle.co.uk they might give you some impartial advise but don't expect many users to give you the damning details you need for scaremongering. They would be hapy to educate though.

Keep us updated.
Old 13-02-2011, 09:16 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

kieron, brilliant post.
Old 13-02-2011, 10:02 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

good post there kerion

but another side effect is that it can promote increased muscle growth where it's not needed, as you all know i'm into my wrestling and a LOT of them used the stuff and even when they stopped and were "clean" the after effects have made them suffer

enlarged hearts being near the top of the list, but also the fact that you can "grow" at a faster rate than the rest of you can keep up with, leading to a lot of muscle tears which have affected mainly the affected wrestlers quads and pecs, but it's not unheard of for biceps to be done, and i've heard of a tricep torn as well, leading to lengthy reattachment surgery

and yes, i know that it's not what the op was asking for in relation to "abuse" but these are guys who were encouraged to use them by people who didn't know better, and "roid rage" isn't a common complaint amongst those users who went on to tear muscles or drop dead from heart attacks
Old 14-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Kieron

I forgot about the heart issues. After all it is a muscle so my take on it is that it gets used hard when training and grows just like any other muscle but the arteries do not. It obviously stresses it to cause it to fail.. Again though despite quite a few high profile BB's, strongmen, wrestlers and sportsmen all dying from heart failure no conclusive tests have been carried out to my knowledge. This will be something that is known in years to come when all the current users become a statistic.

As for the tears etc, yes also common. The muscles grow and get strong quickly but I would say the main issue with this is people pushing things too hard due to being on. The general attitude is that you have to keep lifting heavier to grow. Although common with steroid users I would say this applies to all sportsmen pushing their limits. I dont necessarily think its ad issue/side effect directly linked to the intake of steroids?? Another good point though and definately something that needs to be thought about using and training to the extreme.
Old 14-02-2011, 09:58 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i no a mate whos taking steroids for 5 years hes stupidly massiveits been 8 weeks since hes taken horse steroids YES HORSE STERIODS hes a big guy and works at club .... he takes them not to impress people. this guy has spots all over he wears a cap and when u touch his head u feel his skin crackle like custard creams he obviously wont impress girls well hasnt yet but guys always ask him what hes on. he does it for the job hes in.. and now says that he realised how to train AFTER taking the steads and wishes he just trained properly and naturally but now he just wants to carry on with it for bit
Old 14-02-2011, 10:46 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

ive never seen any and have done them and mates have done them in the past
Old 14-03-2011, 07:48 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mo, why does doorman equal gear?

Old school puffed up doorman really are a thing of the past. Looks scary to the drunk 9stone 18yr old so I suppose he has achieved what he set out to do, but a doorman nowadays is so much more...don't get me wrong I think doorman should be able to "control" a situation but having the foresight to prevent rather than just club people is by far better.
Old 24-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Kieron

Glad to have been of help.