Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

weight not shifting

Search this Thread

Old 19-11-2009, 07:22 PM
D-Sport
BANNED

BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weight not shifting

hi guys
ive recently (6 to 8 weeks) taken up walking 5 to 6 miles a day at a good fast pace (90 mins in one go), ive also cut out any shit food such as crisps, ice cream, chocolate etc, my diet is mainly cereal in the morning, a salad for lunch and dinner consists of meat and veg only, ive cut out bread and potatoes completely.

im drinking 3 litres of water a day mixed with no sugar mi-wadi to kill the bland taste

ive lost a stone but need to shift 2 to 3 more stone.

any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated
Old 19-11-2009, 08:34 PM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

looking at what u say u eat u may be starving yourself i was doin the same thing dropped my calories so much i was puttin on weight cos i was starvings its a fine balance, try to geat 2000 a day of clean food

but 6 to 8 weeks its good goin mate u just gotta crack on with it to be honest to lost 3 stone id give it a year just keep doin what ur doin 45 mins a day its well enough it all depends when u do the exercise aswell

in the moring before brakefast is best as ur purely burning stored energy namely fat

unless u train weights then its best to do it after your weights as you have burned off ur blood sugar by doing weights

look into a fat mobiliser such as CLA

or look into fat burners (gerneraly they evevate hart rate and are sort of an upper) most suppliment manufaturers do some

Last edited by marky_g; 19-11-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 20-11-2009, 01:58 PM
D-Sport
BANNED

BANNED

Originally Posted by marky_g
looking at what u say u eat u may be starving yourself i was doin the same thing dropped my calories so much i was puttin on weight cos i was starvings its a fine balance, try to geat 2000 a day of clean food

but 6 to 8 weeks its good goin mate u just gotta crack on with it to be honest to lost 3 stone id give it a year just keep doin what ur doin 45 mins a day its well enough it all depends when u do the exercise aswell

in the moring before brakefast is best as ur purely burning stored energy namely fat

unless u train weights then its best to do it after your weights as you have burned off ur blood sugar by doing weights

look into a fat mobiliser such as CLA

or look into fat burners (gerneraly they evevate hart rate and are sort of an upper) most suppliment manufaturers do some

kool, maybe your right about the calorie intake, dont feel overly hungry at all though,

so to train before breakfast or after weights is best?

makes sence

gotta keep at it

thanks for help
Old 22-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

its worth remembering that if your exercising absolutely loads, and not eating enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode and cling onto what your giving it.

Ive had this happen to my members whove been over exercising and not eating enough to compensate, slowing their weight losses down, but once theyve increased what theyre eating, its been back on the steady weight losses again.

Sarah
Old 25-11-2009, 09:58 AM
StuRST
Regular Contributor

keep a diet diary for the next week of exactly what you have eaten and at what times. And then post it up, include any milestones in your day (time you woke up, went to bed, time you trained etc) and post it up after

Aim to not eat anything after 8pm (assuming you sleep around 11).

Also remember your body may now be used to the level of exercise you are giving it, so you may very well need to up your output, try jogging rather than walking, walking with a loaded rucksack or maybe some HIIT (high intensity interval training), sprint for 1 min, then walk/jog for the next, repeat for as long as you feel you can. always mix your workouts up, keep your body guessing as routine will give slower results than varieties.

Last edited by StuRST; 25-11-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 25-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Stu- Theres no reason you cant eat after 8pm whilst trying to lose weight, i have numerous members who eat late at night and still lose 5-6-7 stones

Sarah