Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Idiots guide to fitness ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Idiots guide to fitness ?

Is there one on here ? seriously ? !

I'm 5ft 11, weigh 12st 6 and i'm 28yrs old. Tonight i signed upto the local leisure centers gym and i kinda realised that my diet is pretty er.. shit. Typical days intake for me is a pasty, a sausage roll and about 30 cups of tea. i also smoke, but am working on quiting that one once i've got into a good routine of going to the gym probably 3 times a week.

What i'd like to do, is tone up (i'm kinda scrawny) & get some cardio workout too ( i'm also asthmatic - no lectures on smoking !! ) One of my main problems is i have a weak back, apparently it's a family complaint - so if i over do it, i can't move for about 2 days. What i'd like to know is, what should i be eating and how should i plan my workout's based on the above info ?

Ta in advance
Old 06-07-2009, 10:19 PM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have made the first move........ joined a gym

Dont worry to much about the training just yet, getting your diet sorted is a must!! This is going to be tough but if you really want to change and look good then its the only way. 2 cups of T, no more a day! Oats for breakfast, mid-morning have a protien shake (www.myprotien.com is a great supplier of protien powders) Lunch....tuna, chicken or turkey sandwich in brown bread, mid afternoon have another protien shake. Dinner have any meat (chicken, turkey, steak, mince etc) with veg and some spuds, no chips/rice or pasta though. Make sure you have 2 portions of fruit throughout the day and drink around 6-8 pints of water. Do this for 10 days.......then you are ready for the gym!! You can only change your body when your putting the correct stuff in it.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

2 cups of tea ??? :shock: it'll be harder to give up the tea than giving up smoking !!

Those protein shake's... are the ones they sell in tesco's any good ?
Old 15-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

so i had my first sesh at the gym tonight - by bi's & tri's ache but that's it. we used some very strange machines and then.. as a 'warm down' we did 110 curls in a back and forth game thing ( pete did 2, then i did 2 then he did 4 then i did 4.. yadda yadda.. ) with a 20kg weights bar.. very strange !!

According to the instructor fella, we should be eating like.. half a chicken for lunch !!! that's more than i eat all bloody day !!!
Old 16-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chicken is good, very good. My advice is keep it up as once you see the differences you'll be happy you did in a few months time.

Benni.