Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

nutrition advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 AM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nutrition advice needed

in a few weeks time im starting a walk round the circumference of ireland. going to be walking around 20 miles per day, 6 days a week, should take around 3 months. gradually i want to be carrying more and more weight on my back to keep my heart working hard. i want to use this as an oportunity to shed every excess gram of fat i can, and get my cardio as good as possible, but, being 6'8 or so, i dont want to lose too much muscle mass and come back looking like i spent 3 months on crack

id like to know what the experts on here recomend, nutrition in terms of mass (grams), but also if possible illustrate that with stuff like "two brown bread, 100gs of pasta" or whatever would be good. ill have to be eating very basic stuff, nothing fancy, nothing that requires much cooking.

i know i need to be taking on lots of carbs, and i know i need to be taking on lots of protein, but in what quantities im not sure. im happy to take a protein supplement in the form of milkshake or whatever (whats the best??), but also not sure on when i should be taking on proteins, in the morning before i set off? during? after? or a constant flow?

basiclly, some serious, in depth advice is needed! like i say, im seriously worried about losing what little muscle mass i have

any other advice the experts out there have to offer would be cracking!
Old 19-02-2009, 09:09 AM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bttt
Old 20-02-2009, 12:55 PM
CCassidy
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stu, spoke to my brother for you

MyProtein's MRP
long and short chain protein fractions, low gi carb's and healthy fats, meal in a bag!

especially if he's walking that much, he needs carbs more than he does protein to sustain his energy levels, if he runs out of carbs, his body will start cannibilising muscle tissue for energy before fat stores.... hence why starving yourself n exercising doesnt work and long distance athletes eat 000's of cals of carbs before a race....
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/...l-mrp-(2400g)/

Old 20-02-2009, 05:45 PM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fuck, im realising its going to expensive. using that, 3 servings a day (81gms of protein) thatll last me 10 days. in reality i probably need at least 4 servings a day, gonna need to take about a dozen bags of the stuff

Last edited by xr-stu; 20-02-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 24-02-2009, 08:19 AM
CCassidy
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can half the amount of MRP used if you use milk instead of water