Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Need more size! Training for 7 months and not happy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:13 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need more size! Training for 7 months and not happy!

OK, basics are: Been training since may and I wanna bulk up with half decent definition.

My plan was to bulk up as much as possible then cut as I'm 6'4" so I look lanky to start with.

Trouble is, the gains i've made aren't really as good as I thought. I've toned up my arms, traps and back but I'm not happy with my chest and can't shift any of my mid waist "tyre".

I don't eat Fat free everything but don't eat bad stuff all the time. I take kre-alkalyn, tribestan and whey etc but what now?

To be honest, I know I need to lift more weight but physically can't with my current size.

I'm thinking of trying out a spell of Dianabol and nolvadex. This would possibly give me the push over the plateaux?

any ideas or advice guys?
Old 11-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were you I would up my intake of carbs & protein. You've not been training a year yet and your thinking of gear? Far too early imho. When you first start out you will see good gains for a while as its all new to the body but then, like you, you tend to hit this plateau. Keep training hard and you will soon have another growth spurt.

I take it you've done your homework and you know that Nolvadex (tamoxfin) is not a steriod but an anti estrogen and thats why you intend on taking it too?
Old 12-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Yep defo dont start gear and certainly not orals which do more harm to your body than injecting. As said above novaldex is to stop the onset of "bitch tits" which not everyone needs anyway.

Defo eat more and improve on your diet. You need to stick with your training and keep trying to lift more... even increasing in tiny amounts. A year is nothing in bodybuilding and if you're looking for massive gains you will need to be patient.
Old 13-11-2007, 08:41 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Yes just as others have stated, dont start on gear. You`ve been training a very short time in bodybuilding terms. To get big takes time. I think everyone gets disheartened like you when the gains dont come quick enough, but look back in a few months and you`ll wonder why you were worried at all. I was off for a while there and have only really started back training hard a month now, I was down because my weights had dropped loads but tonight I just lifted my heaviest ever in the bench press. Keep going and up your eating and you`ll be fine
Old 13-11-2007, 11:16 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thanks guys,

I've upped my Kre alkalyn intake, having my 3 shakes and eating like fook. I own a Fish & Chip shop and I sell chicken kebab etc so I'm eating loads of chicken breast etc.

I'm gonna do what you guys have said and give myself a slap, LOL.

I'm enjoying my training loads so i'll keep plugging away
Old 16-11-2007, 03:02 AM
arkley
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Where's your shop mate and what's it called, have to sample it some time

Make sure you're getting enough sleep too that's a real big factor that's overlooked.
Old 16-11-2007, 08:07 AM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

LOL, I'm in Stanley, county Durham.

as for sleep, during the week I get average 8 1/2 hours a night, weekend could be 10 if i'm feeling lazy
Old 16-11-2007, 11:47 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Good decision mate, you've been training a stupidly short time to start thinking of gear. 5 years down the line maybe!!!
Old 19-11-2007, 09:29 AM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

smash in loads of gear dont fuck about loads of carbs and protein train hard and rest loads too thats it
Old 20-11-2007, 11:02 PM
DaveMCMkIII
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Your answer to your problem appears to revolve round supplements, thats just ridiculous.

1). You could be performing the wrong number of reps per set and/or wrong rest duration

2). Your nutrition is probably off, you say you dont eat 'bad' but then say your anoyed you cant get rid of the spare tire. The only way you can do this is through good diet and regular aerobic based training (ideally).

Unfortunately your attitude is similar to many and is due to the so called 'experts' down the gym who know sod all but love the attention as the 'expert' and the utter rubbish stated by nutrition companies.

One of my fav coaching points is 'if you place too much time focusing on the final 2%, you can easily neglect the remaining 98%'. This applies to you, youve palced so much on emphysis on supplements to gain that little edge (which is likely to infact not have an effect anyway) that youve forget the basic essentials such as good nutrition, correct training volumes etc
Old 23-11-2007, 08:32 AM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well thanks for that Dave, that was no help whatsoever and it was like being told off by teacher

I physically don't have time to stuff 20 chicken breasts down my neck to get my protein intake to the levels I need so I use a good high volume shake to top it up.

And anyone who says creatine doesn't work when training doesn't obviously know or have never tried it?

I was simply asking a question and was expecting some opinions, not a telling off!
Old 23-11-2007, 11:15 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave does know his shit and like him, it makes me laugh how so many people wank over supplements. Supplements are exactly that....suplementation to a SORTED diet.
Go back to the starting block, get a proper diet and training regime and then see the results!

It takes hard work and a shit load of dedication though.
Old 23-11-2007, 11:41 AM
DaveMCMkIII

Originally Posted by ESCYSCOTT
well thanks for that Dave, that was no help whatsoever and it was like being told off by teacher

I physically don't have time to stuff 20 chicken breasts down my neck to get my protein intake to the levels I need so I use a good high volume shake to top it up.

And anyone who says creatine doesn't work when training doesn't obviously know or have never tried it?

I was simply asking a question and was expecting some opinions, not a telling off!
youve took what I have completley wrong my friend. What I am trying to say is supplements may aid you, but if you havent got the other 97% right it doesnt matter. I am not saying stuff 20 chicken down your neck, infact body builders in my opinion take on too much protein!As a guide in my field we work at no more than 1.7g per kg of body mass, far less then the amounts ive seen elsewhere and even on here.

Simply, to improve muscular size (muscle hypertrophy) you need to train in a range between 6-12 reps with rests of about 90s. This is suprising to some who think its all about pushing heavy weight for a few reps with huge rest periods. My point was if you are following a different system, that you wont be getting bigger regardless.

Although I dont post regularly I do like to when I think that something essential hasnt been said, Im only trying to help. Seeing as my work involves me being trusted to work with professional/elite athletes, I expect most people on here would be happy to hear my opinions.

Ah and regarding you creatine comment, I do actually think creatine is one of a hand full of supplements that can be reccomended to people performing resistance training. Although it is fair to say that it is not effective in everyone, most appear to see a beneficial effect. In my opinion I would only reccomend creatine, whey protein, carbohydrate, caffiene and sodium bicarbonate supplements, dependant on who the athlete was.
Old 23-11-2007, 02:55 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers for that then

I weigh at the minute 95kg.

I have 3 shakes per day, 1 first thing in the morning, 1 afternoon and 1 just before I go to bed. Each serving (2 scoops) has 48g of protein = 144g per day and the rest I get from my food.....so I take in approx 200g per day. Is that too much??
Old 24-11-2007, 01:51 PM
DaveMCMkIII

If your 90kg, 1.7g.kg = around 150g of protein. Personally I would have two shakes a day 2-3 hours pre training and then immediately post training. However, if your trying to get bulkier you may need the extra shake for the extra calories.

I would never say to a bodybuilder consuming the amount you do (which isnt too excessive) your having too much, because it wont do you any harm . But I would say maybe your spending more money than you have to (i.e. more shakes = faster rate at which your whey tub goes down).

Despite the findings of research, the vast majority of people in my field still reccomend whey protein supplements, purely because of anecdotal observations. For example, the RFU spend a fortune on supplements for the England squads.