Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Recovery after workouts - anything to speed it up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 03:14 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recovery after workouts - anything to speed it up?

Just a quick one guys..........

Is there something I can take to help me recover faster after workouts?

Glutamine Nitric Acid????

I'm currently taking Kre-Alkalyn instead of creatine and it allows me to train harder but the next day i'm very stiff. Following day back in the gym and i'm still feeling stiff and sore and it's affecting my next routine.

Anyone help??
Old 08-11-2007, 03:21 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Depends how much money you want to waste mate - there are plenty of products out there claiming faster recovery times.

It's all garbage though, recovery takes time and rest, and if you are going back to the gym feeling unrecovered then you're just training too frequently.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:57 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It's not that I feel un-recovered really.

for example, tuesday I trained back & shoulders and then today it was chest & biceps but lying on the bench it was sore on my back from tuesday. I'm training different body parts on different days so training too frequently isn't really an issue.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you getting enough protein and at the right times and are you sleeping enough?

I used to take a protein drink before bedtime as well as through out the day to make sure I had nutrients inside me at night. I also got up at midnight to take extra when I was really into it.............

Also don't forget the carb window after training which lasts 30-60mins after a workout. This is when the body most absorbs the nutrients and energy to replace the stuff you have burnt off.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott some will say otherwise, but I still find for me, swimming imediatley after working out helps. Aids in burning off laptic acid im told.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:46 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Paul, i'm having as much protein as I can, 1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon post workout and 1 before I go to bed. I am using gold std whey and each serving is 50g protein as I have 2 scoops in each shake. I also eat sardines, tuna and chicken.

Andy, unfortuantely don't have the time to go swimming after my workout as I have to pick the bairn up from school then back to work again.

Thanks for the input though guys
Old 10-11-2007, 06:32 PM
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All you need to get rid of the lactic acid built up, is to drink plenty of water to get the oxygen circulating again.

As the saying goes, no pain no gain! there is truth in this, as the pain in relation to muscles is that they have been overstretched. The best way to overcome this and continue to progress is to fight through the pain and continue to train. The pain will go away once the muscles have loosened up again. If it doesnt, this could mean more serious damage has occured.