Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

steriods

Search this Thread

Old 30-06-2007, 02:39 PM
2wdsaph ben
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default steriods

who actually makes them and what was they made for.eg decca, suss. and are the illegal in all countries or some.
i know few people who get them bought over from europe on the lorries! but i would be worried about the contents of the bottles.
Old 30-06-2007, 08:15 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first of all its steroids not steriods and are you contemplating trying them?
Old 01-07-2007, 06:24 PM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

most steroids are intended for animal use at vets but they can be made from anywhere like most illegal drugs, don't believe what the dealers tell you

I think over here its not illegal to have them but dealing is, don't quote me on that though!
Old 02-07-2007, 01:52 AM
arkley

Anabolic steroids are Class C drugs to be sold only by pharmacists with a doctor's prescription. It's legal to possess or import steroids as long as they're for personal use. But possession or importing with intent to supply (which includes giving them to friends) is illegal and could lead to 14 years in prison and an unlimited fine.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, legal to posses, illegal to supply.

Most are not for vet use (some are, wouldnt say 'most' though), like most drugs there are vetinary grade and human grade.
Most steroids however are not made by a pharmaceutical company, rather a UG (underground) lab.
Whilst most should obviously be avoided, some UG labs are so good they are actually better than some pharma labs with regards to kit and hygiene etc (british dragon for one, GL for another example)

Most steroids are a modification of testosterone.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:45 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

so they are legal to buy and use yourself?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:11 PM
2wdsaph ben

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cheers.

pani k, im not thinking about trying them for a few years yet, not til reached my maximum weight and read up on them thorougly.

intresting to know, i thought it would have been something like underground compamnies making them as i cant see there being much use for them legally.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:57 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

I've read up on steroids before because I was tempted to use them. From what I understand, steroids are a boost of the male hormone testosterone. Its the testosterone that gives you that manly muscular look and is responsible for your muscle curvature. This gives your body a boost of it apparently and so therefore your body has the ability of pushing more, performing more. I think it was something like a 33% boost in power and stength. But I read that after you stop taking the steroids your body goes back to normal and you are back to square one and so you have to stay on the steroids. Then you're hooked.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

steroids as said are used to stimulate your testosterone levelswithin your body to give you the required bulk. Down sides are that they will make you retain water to give you bulk, give you acne, high blood pressure and kidney/ liver problems.

Anabolic steroids are used widely within medicine for ailments such as AIDS, Anorexia, Bolemia, muscular sclerosis (sp) etc etc as they are a muscle building drug that helps such diseases.

Personally I don't know whether it's worth the risks unless you are a serious body builder who competes etc.