Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

I'm doing good with my swimming but...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 02:51 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm doing good with my swimming but...

I'm told it's all pointless unless I make the effort to go 'Upstairs' which is where the gym is. I don't enjoy going the Gym and I end up going for about 3 minutes and leaving. Where as I could happily swim all day and I feel alot better. Do you have to go the Gym? It's hard when there is a pool underneath you. I always end up giving in and going for a swim but I thouhgt I was doing really well. But I'm told it's useless unless I go the Gym a few times a week aswel?

What do you think? Cheers, Benni.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:46 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

depends what you want to achieve and how you go about your swimming. Swimming gives your muscles a damn good exercise as well as gives you a good cardio session as well. With weights they tend to be only for building muscle and ripping your muscle fibres but swimming also exercise many of your muscle groups whilst burning calories. Gym is just a more intensive workout but I like swimmining too but I find when I start getting tired, I get lazy and lose the technique
Old 01-06-2007, 09:54 AM
johnathan
Part of the Furniture

personally

gym rocks. i love it, im hateing at the mo cos im injured. but goin back next week to do just upper body while my knee repairs. it totally depends on what you want and what ur after.
i train, cos i want to. not cos i got to.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Enjoy your swimming all to easy to put preassure on yourself.
So your spending time differently from how others choose to spend theirs SO WHAT.
Your excercising regularly now, you werent a few weeks back, who knows in a few weeks/months time you may find youself wanting to spend time upstairs in the gym.

Just continue to enjoy it
Old 02-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Cheers people, I'm enjoying it alright Andy, and I'm seeing a good improvement.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

swiming is a resistance aswell remember so its fine

my best mate is my gym partner and hes quite hard on me so i HAVE too use the machines,,,,, used to hate it at first but now im progressing and on the machines i can do 5 reps at 100kg on all of them i find im now working harder and today we done a list from 50kg to 90kg doing 2 sets of 10 reps increasing by 10kg though i only managed 7 reps of 90kg on the 2 chest machines

i was like you though and now im the opposite,,, i think its down to not being able to lift the big weights or aleast it was for me

when i first went 7 months ago i used to struggle to lift 50kg and was doing lazy reps and had no interest

so to summerise imo you should stick to it and do what you enjoy then after a while you will get bored and move on
Old 10-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Cheers mate! I think your right on why I don't enjoy it.