Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

First post in this room and need help

Old 26-07-2006, 10:43 AM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default First post in this room and need help

Hi all,

I've just started working at a new company in the City and they have a gymnasium on the lower ground floor. I wasnt expecting it to be much but having been down there its as good as any other Gym i've seen!! They got tons of equipment (usual stuff, weights, treadmills, rowing machines etc etc) and it only a fiver a month to join!!!!!

Anyway ive decided to join up and give it a go (never done nothing like this before due to having no time but get a full hours lunch so can use that time.)

They offer a basic induction course on how to use the machines but don't offer any fitness programmes etc to work from. How would I go about setting one up, looking for one, designing one??

I'm not up for becoming Arnie or anything like that, I just want to lose me beer gut (which isnt that big but used to have a flat stomach 8 years ago), lose my chin which seems to be inflating ( ) and generally become fitter. I'm about 5ft 9 and weigh about 11st 8, 33" waist.

Any advice would be

Chris
Old 26-07-2006, 07:26 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To loose the beer gut, first you must loose the booze....

Eat well, dont miss meals to loose weight as it will have the opposite effect.

Light joggin on the treadmill is just as effective as a full on high speed run, so take it at a comfortable pace.....

To get to where you sound as though you want to be, i would suggest light weight program and cv together, like a body pump sort of program.....

Im sure some more of the more experianced lads will come on and help out more.........
Old 28-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To loose the fat you obviously need to do the cardio workout. Treadmill, bike, rower etc.

As a basic idea for weights I would be looking to hit every bodypart in each session. Like circuit training. Moderate weights, something that you can managae 3 sets of 15 reps on. Basically doing laps of the gym using the different machines to hit each area. Moveing from one machine/exercise to the next with very little or no rest. Without knowing the machines they have its hard to tell you what to do but include all the fundamental exercises i.e bench press, squats, lat pulldown, leg extension, tricep pulldown, bicep curl, calf raise, hamstring curl, shoulder press etc etc.. The list goes on and on.

Go and have a see what feels good for you.