Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

MA morning workout

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 02:47 AM
Steve200+
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MA morning workout

Just a random post, I can't contribute much to the 'let's get bigger' bit, sooo.... My daily workout at 8am. All you need is a rope, a couple of chairs, and a bit of willpower.

Running : 10 minutes, Steady pace, changing direction randomly. On the spot if you like.
Skipping 10 minutes.
*proper* stretchout...
*break*
Pushups, 5 sets of 10 reps, 30s rest, too easy, go to sets of 20.
Crunches, 3 sets of 50, standard
Crunches, 2 sets of 50, legs crossed
*break*
Triceps, supporting between two chairs and pressing bodyweight, 3 sets of 30.
Squats, as many as possible at full pace for 1 minute, longer if it's too easy.
Standing Reverse Squats : As many as possible in 1 minute, longer if too easy.
*break*
Leg Lifts : maximum pace for 1 minute, longer if it's too easy.
Shadow Boxing : 2 minutes, 5 reps, 30s rest
3 minutes jogging on the spot to warm down.
Bit more stretching.

I find it a really good start to the day if you can get through it, force yourself. It'll wake you up like nothing else If it's hard work, alternate the legs and arms day-by-day. That's pretty similar to what an ex-uk champ kickboxer does every morning, except I've added a few bits, and if it's good enough for him...
Old 10-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

steve, standing reverse squat.............what?

i do a big stretchout before any workout myself, i find i tend to get cramp whilst on the cv machines without not a lot like but ive never once cramped up when ive stretched out first!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Steve200+

Matt, Reverse squats :

Crouch down with your fingertips touching the floor, and straighten your legs (stand up basicaltl), keeping fingertips in contact with the ground. Works the quads like a fucker. Repeat until extreme pain lol

You're 100% right mate, I did a how-to on here about stretching, seems to have disappeared back though :/ Very very overlooked.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Steve200+
Matt, Reverse squats :

Crouch down with your fingertips touching the floor, and straighten your legs (stand up basicaltl), keeping fingertips in contact with the ground. Works the quads like a fucker. Repeat until extreme pain lol

You're 100% right mate, I did a how-to on here about stretching, seems to have disappeared back though :/ Very very overlooked.
ahh got you, squats i do are as you would with a bar over your shoulders..hands up by your shoulders on the bar (or finger tips touching your ears if no bar) and keeping your back straight try and get your ass to touch the floor....hence why reverse thast doesnt make sense lol sounds like my kind of thing tbh and one i do already i just never knew the phrase for it! i do a lot of hamstring/groin stretches to try and keep my legs as supple/flexible as poss

off topic but the record at the camp i go to is 27 squats in 30 secs
Old 13-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Steve200+

You're right Matt, my bad. I tend to apply the names that I've generally been taught, and assume everyone else thinks the same way

I've never *really* used weights, but I'm going into it shortly... getting bored of the limitations of bodyweight-only stuff. Not sure about 27 in 30 though 27 in 27 minutes maybe!

Have a butchers at that mate https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...ght=stretching

Well worth doing...