Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Motivation

Search this Thread

Old 22-05-2006, 11:38 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Motivation

Guys,

Started last May going to the gym for Cardio and weight loss. was doing really well mon-fri everyweek 6.30 am with the weekend off as a recoup period. Moved into my flat last october with the mrs and the gym went by the wayside. Thought it wouldnt be a prob getting back into it but it is. I cant seem to get motivated to get out of bed at 6 am any more and i used to really enjoy doing it. Felt great after a shower and on the way to work plus the weight was dropping steadily.

Any ideas as to how to bring the motivation back because the weight has gone back on now. I dont eat much shitty food and i have accpeted the fact that if i want to tone up and loose weight then i am one of those people that need to go to the gym in order to do so. Not to mention the fact i am wasting £45 per month on the subscription fee.

HELP!
Old 22-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Rich, you could possibly try what i do... go to teh gym on teh way home from work?

I cant get upo early either mate,seems a real drain and i just cant bring myself to do it, but ive now got into a routine of going after work and i love it mate
Old 22-05-2006, 12:27 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Rich, you could possibly try what i do... go to the gym on the way home from work?

I cant get upo early either mate,seems a real drain and i just cant bring myself to do it, but ive now got into a routine of going after work and i love it mate
Stu,

i did try that mate and no kidding, i couldnt get on any of the cardio machines, the 3 rowers or the free weights because it was so busy. Im good at getting up early which is why i prefered going in the morning, i just seemed to have lost the enthusiasm for getting up early to go to the gym. Odd behaviour from me tbh
Old 22-05-2006, 12:38 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its all about finding the right routine that suits you.

Same as stu, I used to go straight to the gym from work. And maintained this for about 18months no problem.

Then location change and I now work up in the city (and in reading / bracknell on mondays and fridays). totally screwed up my routine and even though I now belong to a gym thats a 2 min walk from my house I never seem to manage to get there! Always end up comming home, cuppa tea, open my post, check my email and ops its 7.30 - 8pm - cant be arsed to go to the gym now!

Finish with your misses, and move back to where you lived before. That'll get you back into the routine!
Old 22-05-2006, 12:42 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by EssexBoyRacer
Its all about finding the right routine that suits you.

Same as Stu, I used to go straight to the gym from work. And maintained this for about 18months no problem.

Then location change and I now work up in the city (and in reading / bracknell on mondays and fridays). totally screwed up my routine and even though I now belong to a gym thats a 2 min walk from my house I never seem to manage to get there! Always end up comming home, cuppa tea, open my post, check my email and ops its 7.30 - 8pm - cant be arsed to go to the gym now!

Finish with your misses, and move back to where you lived before. That'll get you back into the routine!
rofl Its not her mate. Its me. Somewhere along the line since last october i have mislaid my enthusiasm and motivation to get to the gym. Its beginning to annoy me now
Old 22-05-2006, 12:54 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im the same boat m8. Or at least very similar.

I just dont have the drive and enthusiasm to get my arse in to the gym. Even when Im there Im usually looking for ways to shorten my time so I can get out early.

Im gonna change gyms again. There's an LA fitness near my work luckly. Even though its london rates so I'll be paying more if I can be using it 3 days a week then I'll be getting better value than paying what I do and going 1 once in 2 weeks.
Old 23-05-2006, 07:07 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Ok, i got up at 6 this morning and was at the gym at 6.30 when the doors opened. Did 30 mins on the cross trianer and burned 450 calories and covered over 4km. feel good for doing it. will be there tomorrow
Old 23-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by cossierich330
Ok, i got up at 6 this morning and was at the gym at 6.30 when the doors opened. Did 30 mins on the cross trianer and burned 450 calories and covered over 4km. feel good for doing it. will be there tomorrow
Now we are talking, proud of ya mate, well done.
Old 23-05-2006, 07:26 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Tis a good feeling Stu. It was hard getting back in to it but enjoyable at the same time. My aim is to loose 1 stone by the time i go to Le-mans on 15th June. 30 mins on the cross trainer per day and a healthy diet i i should make my goal.
Old 23-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Tis a good feeling Stu. It was hard getting back in to it but enjoyable at the same time. My aim is to loose 1 stone by the time i go to Le-mans on 15th June. 30 mins on the cross trainer per day and a healthy diet i i should make my goal.
Its a tall order in all honesty mate, and i wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals.

Maybe do a little weight training too on 3 of the days. The more muscle you develop, the more calories you burn 24hrs a day.

Keep us updated pal, gives us all motivation that sometimes we lack.
Old 23-05-2006, 08:48 AM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nice to see your trying to get back into it!

How did your misses take the news?
Old 23-05-2006, 10:03 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by EssexBoyRacer
Nice to see your trying to get back into it!

How did your misses take the news?
lol. She woke up just as i was leaving and said and i quote "are you leaving me" i said no im going to the gym so i can be fitter for you. She was half asleep mind
Old 23-05-2006, 10:05 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Its a tall order in all honesty mate, and i wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals.

Maybe do a little weight training too on 3 of the days. The more muscle you develop, the more calories you burn 24hrs a day.

Keep us updated pal, gives us all motivation that sometimes we lack.
Will keep you updated for sure. I need to buy some scales to find out my exact weight because the set at the gym are bust

Yes to the weights on 3 of the days as well Stu.
Old 23-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

rich, speaking from experience.......once youve got back into the swing of forcing yourself to go (at first) and getting the results you will find yourself looking forward to going which obviously makes it a damn sight easier to acually get off your ass and go do it! that said sometimes i used to get bored going down the gym all the time so i branched out lol ........muay thai training........ makes the gym training i do seem a breeze downside is people look at you like your a psycho when they see you shin kicking, elbowing and kneeing a punch bag as well as just punching it like they do pmsl
Old 24-05-2006, 12:32 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by Matt
rich, speaking from experience.......once youve got back into the swing of forcing yourself to go (at first) and getting the results you will find yourself looking forward to going which obviously makes it a damn sight easier to acually get off your ass and go do it! that said sometimes i used to get bored going down the gym all the time so i branched out lol ........muay thai training........ makes the gym training i do seem a breeze downside is people look at you like your a psycho when they see you shin kicking, elbowing and kneeing a punch bag as well as just punching it like they do pmsl
The results i was seeing towards the autumn of last year were making me a very happy chappy indeed. Am looking forward to these results again.

Once i feel fitter then i may just look for another form as exercise like you say.

cheers for your input Matt