Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Willpower and tiredness

Search this Thread

Old 17-05-2006, 06:00 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Willpower and tiredness

Over recent months I've found it harder and harder to stay at the gym. I've gone from a dedicated 4 days a week with a good 2 hour session each night down to barely once a week over the past 2 years!

I've just totally lost the willpower to keep going.

One of the major changes is that I used to drive to work, keep my kit in the car and go straight to the gym from work.

Now, I work in the city I come home first before I go out to the gym. But I find that once I get home I just dont have the willpower to get out to the gym.

does anyone else suffer this and has overcome it?

Also Im finding Im tired all the time. When I get in from work I just want some dinner and then some kip.

My sleep patterns are quite jumbled up, I get around 6 - 7 hours sleep a night in the week. But find I'll usually end up nodding off earler in the nite from anything to 1 hour up to all evening! I get up at 4.30am on tuesdays and perhaps that knocks my sleep patterns out. But Im also wondering if Im missing something in my diet? like iron? Or perhaps im intaking too much caffeen?

Im thinking of joining a gym near my office in london, although it will be about £20 more expensive a month I'm hoping I will get more use out of it by going there before I go home.
Old 17-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Could you not join a gym closer to your workplace ? Sometimes a change of scenery works too.
Old 17-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Steve200+
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I go through this in waves... as a rule, the more stressed I am (at the moment, a lot), the less I'll do.

I'm not exaggerating, at the moment (incredibly stressed) when I wake up in the morning, my quads feel like I've sprinted 10 miles, hours before. It's difficult to stand up.

But it's a knock-on effect. When I'm less stressed, I'll do more, so I feel better in myself, and I'm not so stressed Just takes a bad day to set it off though, and I may as well write off the week.

Don't know if this applies to you or not mate, It's just something I've noticed.
Old 18-05-2006, 07:57 AM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

too much peabut butter
waaaaay to much sult in it which will make you feel very tired and drained.

you need to get more sweeter fruits in your diet to boost your natural startch levels, also having something with oats in for breakfast will give you plenty of energy through the day, splash it with some honey (raw not heated!) as it contains levulose which is absorbed slowly and prevents sharp blood-sugar spikes but not to much as it is a pure sugar.
Old 18-05-2006, 08:21 AM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

FastFordChris, go do us a bowel of porridge then
Old 18-05-2006, 08:24 AM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User