Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

losing weight and toning up

Search this Thread

Old 17-04-2006, 09:43 PM
pollocks
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losing weight and toning up

as the title sys this s basically what am looking into doing and was wondering what sort of things i should be doing am over weight but am very active and have started to watch what i eat now

i've joined the gym at the beginning of the month and have lost a stone so far doing

in a session in the gym am doing a warm up on the tread mill a brisk walk for 5 mins then doing 20mins on the bike then 20 mins on the cross trainer

and then doing circuit training doing weight machines i have no ideas of the names of these machines though lol

and i go swimming also try and do 40 lenghts in a session its 60ft long pool by my estimate too

i tend to alternate this like one gym session one day next a swim and s on

if theres anything you experienced guys would recommend then please help me out
Old 18-04-2006, 02:49 AM
Steve200+
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Just a personal thing, but (I'm sure I'll get corrected, or told it doesn't matter), but I prefer using the bike to warm up, and the treadmill for a longer session.

Fookin top work though, stone in a month?

Sounds like you've got it nailed with that level of success, I wouldn't change a thing until you're at your target weight...
Old 18-04-2006, 12:53 PM
pollocks
Advanced PassionFord User

sorted i have to say i aint one for running just aint a fan lol but cheers i'll just carry on with it all

theres 3 of us that go and do it and them 2 were like the programs too general and not designed for us

but the thing is the guy that has given it to us to do is trained n the likes so i've followed it to the dot and just gone for it were they seem to think you need to build up to it ah well ave lost more weight than them so far and i do feel to have toned up a fair amount now