Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta (Non RS / ST) Range of cars.

cutting out

Old 23-06-2014, 09:17 PM
johnkarl
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutting out

First of all hello to everyone on this forum, I am posting this as I have read for quite some time, looking through post after post to see if I could find the answers to my question, but alas nothing I have read fits my fault. My car is a newly purchased 53 plate fiesta mk6 1.25 petrol with the Zetec se engine, the problem that I have is only from cold start, it stumbles and then cuts out, it sometimes keeps running long enough for me to touch the throttle, once it has warmed up the car drives fine, no power loss. I have checked for any vacuum leaks as spoken about in most of the posts, but can't find any, I have been told to check the maf sensor but can't find it in fact I don't think it has one and also the ICV but don't know where this is, unless it is bolted onto the inlet manifold around the back out of sight, any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated, look forward to responses
Old 25-06-2014, 04:16 PM
johnkarl
Virgin

Just an update, found a pipe on the left hand side of the inlet manifold that had a split in it , it looks like a breather pipe. I repaired the pipe and now it wont tick over even when it is warm, so I have disconnected the pipe at the plastic breather end and it now tics over when warm as before , don't know if it will tick over when cold until tomorrow morning, anyone got a diagram of where the breather pipes and vacuum pipes go underneath the inlet manifold?
Old 25-06-2014, 06:16 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Put the hose back to how it should be then disconnect the neg lead off the battery for half an hour to reset the ecu. It might have adjusted itself so much to compensate for the split hose.
Old 25-06-2014, 06:30 PM
johnkarl
Virgin

hose reconnected , just waiting 30 mins , will reply when I reconnect the battery, cheers mate
Old 25-06-2014, 07:29 PM
johnkarl
Virgin

Well thanks for your imput, just done 32 miles and it has made no difference, but now I have to remove the front of the dash to remove the radio as it has lost its code and I don't know what it is, this just gets better and better