Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta (Non RS / ST) Range of cars.

Mk6 Zetec-S Brakes help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:40 PM
DanBass
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk6 Zetec-S Brakes help!

One of my calipers is sticking so it's time for an upgrade!

I have black diamond discs and green stuff pads apart from that the car is standard. Even with those I think the brakes still suck.

I was looking at the 300mm upgrade that pumaspeed do but they told me it will not fit under the 16s without lots of work.

I was planning on upgrading the fronts and changing the rears to discs too but after searching around on the net I'm just confused about the best way to go.

Can anyone offer some advice please? is there any good guides on line somewhere?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Drayton
who?

I recently did the 300mm upgrade to my zetec s tdci.

Consisted of:

Mondeo mk3 calipers
New pads (pagid)
New Focus ST170 300mm discs (pagid)
3mm wheel spacers
New M12 carrier bolts from ford, about £6 (standard zetec s are M10)

Calipers were second hand but low milage in good condition with good seals, gave them a clean and paint. Gave my discs to my mate who machined slots/grooves in them for me.

To do the conversion everything is a straight swap apart from drilling the hubs out 12mm to accept the larger carrier bolts. Also the spacers are needed so the calipers don't catch the wheels if using the standard wheels/offset (mine is a 57 plate). 3mm is more than enough clearance as the wheels only just catch without.

I would post pics up but I can't be arsed to plug my phone in and upload them

The whole conversion cost me less than the cheapest slotted/grooved discs you can buy that I could find, which I think were Black diamond at about £122

Last edited by Drayton; 04-05-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Straight_4_N/a
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

16 rims fly over 300m brakes without mods to most oem fords rims in fact im running 15inch rims with no mods but there aftermarket wheels.
for everything needed its £60 for the 300 upgrade new pads discs bolts and used cailpers.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 PM
DanBass
Virgin

Thanks for the info!

I'd probably try and get new callipers. Drilling the hubs concerns me a bit tho!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:09 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

easy enough, did it to my fiesta and it was a striaght forward swap

just invest in a decent step drill which will have a 10-12mm step in it, centre the 10mm into the hole and follow through with the 12 and there you have it, it took literally 30 seconds per side and with all the other buggering about it took a grand total of about an hour from wheels off to wheels on again, including getting the mrs to bleed them through
Old 04-07-2021, 07:31 PM
Zetecs_tdci
Virgin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mk6 zetec fit st front calipers

Hi sorry to bother you guys but I just bought everything I need for a rear disc conversion and the guy chucked in the front caliper set for free my question is that will they fit on a standard front and what do I need to change
The following users liked this post:
FiestaForever (07-07-2021)