Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta (Non RS / ST) Range of cars.

Stupid fiesta latches

Search this Thread

Old 15-05-2011, 07:34 PM
dutchyboy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid fiesta latches

hello all

this is my first post here, so i would hazard a guess that this question has been answered before. OK here goes.

How do you replace the ridiculous cables that allow the seat to swing forward on a 2 door fiesta, Ive removed the bottom part of the seat, to expose the lower parts, but i dont see how you replace the cables without removing the seat fabric and nearly all the trim, i dont want to force it off, incase i rip the fabric, any ideas would be greatly appreciated, also i have no hand book for the car, its an 04 1.4 tdci. I would like to change the oil, get some spare bulbs for lights etc, but have no information on this, any pointers thanks in advance

David
Old 15-05-2011, 08:05 PM
BD123
Unreasonable MODS!

Is it not just the plastic latch that has broken on the Fiesta seat, we have replaced quite a few and they are an absolute bitch to get out.....cant remember ever having to replace the whole cable though....has it stretched?

As for the service kit that's easy....call your local motor factor, as this will be the cheapest place to source, but id say it will probably be a 5/30 diesel grade. They should be able to tell you from your reg no what grade and what volume the car requires.

The light bulbs are standard...again the factor should be able to help you and will be the cheapest place to source.
Old 16-05-2011, 05:01 AM
dutchyboy
Virgin

thanks for the reply, The cable has snaped completely, the piece that sits in the top where the latch is, has broken, hence i have to replace the whole cable me thinks. looks like i might be in the hands of ford service on this one, as i dont think my patience level is going to allow me to do the job myself !!!!
Old 16-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Davey8oy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

fords modified the latches and cables on those fiestas

i can do each seat in 20 min

take the seat out its easier out the car you need to unclip the seat back fabric and pull it upwards on the seat to allow accsess to the cables, you also need to remove the side trims

you get new handles aswell as cables