Fiesta ST This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta ST Range of cars.

Mk6 Fiesta ST power problem and struggling to rev over 6000rpm

Old 29-05-2017, 08:10 AM
Robbiem35
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk6 Fiesta ST power problem and struggling to rev over 6000rpm

Hi
I recently purchased a 55 plate fiesta ST 89000 miles on the clock. Starts up fine. But when i drive it it feels like for how the engine is performing there is a loss of power sonewhere. It also doesnt like revving past 4500 rpm as it starts to struggle and splutter as if its hitting a limiter there but this changes from time to tine as it could be 6500 rpn or 5000 rpm. I asked a mechanic what it could be he said its more than likely the coil pack leads and plugs. So i changed all of that and still the same problem. I noticed on the old plugs that there was a white sutt on the tips which means not enough fuel getting through. Could this be the fuel filter or pump as i have checked and the filter looks as if its the original plastic one? Or. When i brought the car it has got a graham goode induction kit on but witg no maf sensor on and i cant find the plug that comes off the engine to fit the maf sensor. Where could i locate this plug as i know it would throw the ecu out of balance for fuel and air mixture. Please help me as its proper getting on my nerves now. Ready just blow the thing up lol. Cheers
Old 29-05-2017, 09:28 AM
liam-rst
shit happens

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know the 2.0 duratec has issues with the plastic butterflies in the inlet, although I'm not sure its the same in the fiesta st's, I know its been an issue on the focus and mondeo 2.0's
Old 29-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Robbiem35
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The butterflies are working fine mate these ones are metal in mine mate going change my fuel filter today see if it makes a difference
Old 29-05-2017, 10:18 AM
liam-rst
shit happens

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well good luck with it mate, as I Said I didnk know if the st's suffered the same fate, I know they have engine codes unique to them, worth a check
Old 19-01-2018, 12:45 PM
pyle
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Fiesta doesn't have butterflies like the Mondeo and Focus?!
Old 19-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Have you put a fault code reader in the odb port? Could be so many things like fuel pressure, timing, misfire etc..

Search this Thread