Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

Fiesta Rs turbo no spark after rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 16-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Jack Smith
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta Rs turbo no spark after rebuild

Over the past year and a half I have been trying to get my fiesta rs turbo back on the road. The car was running but the engine needed a rebuild so I pulled it out. The engine was rebuild and fitted, turns over brilliantly and builds oil pressure near enough straight away, but no spark. I have tried 3 different crank sensors,3 different Edis modules, checked/redone various earth's, 2 different engine wiring looms, new coil pack, new leads, new plugs. The fuel pump does prime and the injectors are firing. One thing I have noticed is the rev counter jumps up and down when cranking not sure what this means? The car has a aftermarket alarm which is playing up to be honest but Duno if this is wired so it can affect the spark at all? I know they are countless threads about efi sparking issues but I am literally out of ideas. So just wondered if anyone has any ideas and could help me. Or could recommend any good auto electricians that knows what's what around south Yorkshire.

Thanks
Old 19-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Rich87
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

After checking all that I'd be looking at that alarm, you never who's wired it in and it may well be wired to stop the spark would of thought so but worth getting sorted anyway, otherwise could be checking and replacing stuff and it turns out to be that sorry not much help
Old 20-11-2016, 07:34 AM
rs220bhp
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure the centre pin on the coil pack should have a 12v feed. If it doesn't try connecting one up and see if it fires or sparks then.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Jack Smith
Virgin

Thanks for the replys, yeah I'm going to have to get someone to remove the alarm and see what happens. The coil pack does have 12 volts going to it but it's like nothing's signalling it to fire.