Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

New to the Fords

Search this Thread

Old 13-08-2011, 09:43 PM
M-W
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Fords

Hi recently bought a fiesta rst I’ve already got some modification done with brakes and suspension being:

• Koni adjustable
• Hi-spec brake kit 300mm

From what I can see it already has a S/S exhaust system and K&N Filter,
I have about 3 grand left over and have no clue about the engine tuning just looking for some advice with my budget in mind cheers.
Old 13-08-2011, 09:58 PM
JJ24

There are 101 things you can do engine wise. You firstly need to decide if you want to keep the 1.6cvh or whether you want to go for a 1.8zvh or 2.1zvh or Zetec turbo. Go on fiestaturbo.com and there is loads of info on there. If you are going to keep the currewnt engine, i would say get a T3, Begies, FMIC and a 195chip. With that setup you may just nudge the 200bhp mark. Make sure it gets set up by a reputable tuner though.
Old 13-08-2011, 10:04 PM
M-W
Virgin

The zvh or the Zetec turbo does intrest me alot but i never thought id have the budget for that at the moment with 3k, i live in mansfield nottingham norris motorsport are a ford tuner that are the closest to me ive emailed them but not heard anything whats the typicall price with zvh/zetec turbo conversions.
Old 13-08-2011, 10:17 PM
JJ24

Norris motorsport are the people to speak to if you want to stick with the 1.6, they can get some insane figures out of it. Im not sure on thier prices though as im down south and use power engineering. With a budget of 3K you could quite happily do a zvh conversion but to do a full blown zetec turbo you would struggle. The zvh's are quite common so you could easily pick a good one up for under or around 1K depending on the build etc or you could probably build one if you wanted to with your budget. You can get some impressive figures from the zvh but some people say they do have thier downfalls. This is based on if you do the majority of the work yourself. If you get a garage to do it all i think it will be very expensive. It also depends on what you want the car for also?
Old 13-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Mouse-fsi
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

depending on if the rst is standard and you want to keep it a rs turbo engine then for 3 grand you can have a powerfull engine i only spent around Ł1000 on mine i had a t3 turbo kent cam with pully airtec intercooler and radiator and a omex ecu iv got a reliable 178 bhp as i use to use the car every day i can get 200bhp but for an everyday car i wanted it to be very relaible (at the time)

you can have a big valve head steel bottem end im sure theres a lot more mods out there as its an old engine

and it helps i do the work myself lol as for tuning i go to s.r.m.c as i cant fine tune the ecu

Last edited by Mouse-fsi; 13-08-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 13-08-2011, 10:35 PM
M-W
Virgin

intresting stuff thank i want to make at least over 200 bhp i'd love about 220 if i could do it with mt budget
Old 15-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Brendan
struggling with reality

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stu at MSD is a good start he did mine (chip for ecu and remapping), another thing to remember is the fiesta engine bay is a bit cramped so if you can do it get an extra rad for the Turbo, this solves all maner of overheating problems, my one went half way round the TT course, and the accross to Liverpool then manchester with out its fan and didn't overheat at all. This being one of the Mods I have done to stop overheating!

If you are going out on the track I would also recomend a QUAIFE ATB differential, these really make a difference for poweing out of corners etc, just remember it will bite when it finally does let go but holds in a lot longer!

have FUN

This is a real must if you ever do track days.
Old 17-08-2011, 09:48 PM
M-W
Virgin

Came across area six website today going to up my budget and get one of there 300bhp zetec turbo engines and start from there.