Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

Fiesta RST idling problems

Search this Thread

Old 20-12-2009, 10:57 AM
CNOZ3YP
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fiesta RST idling problems

hi i've just recently converted my xr2i to an rs turbo which has been the biggest pain in the a** ever right well i got it sorted in the end but i'm having a few issues with it, which are;
when i connect the idle speed control valve the revs shoot up to about 2000revs and then eventually drop back down to normal after a moment but once you touch the accelerator it does it again, so i've disconnected it to allow me to use it normally,

the other problem is i'm not sure if it has any relation to the idle speed control valve not being connected but if i drive it hard say racing someone when the revs get upto about 3500revs the car splutters and begins to jerk but once you lay off the accelerator and press it gradually its ok,

please help its getting to the point were i'm thinking of scrapping the whole lot
Old 20-12-2009, 06:47 PM
aarc
Fiesta RST All The Way

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE Idleing problem

hi mate regarding your idling problem i think maybe a easy fix if its a EFI check the idle control sensor on the actual efi inlet open it up 4 screws i think its go a valve in it spray some wD40 and press the valve with a screwdriver, the open your throttle boddy clean that up asweel with carb cleaner, and disconnect and reconnect the map sensor ie the motorcraft unit and lastly fiddle with the small sensor with a screw on it this helped with mine deffo a sensor problem if its a efi mate good luck with the fix