Concours d'élégance. The section dedicated to those who like things pristione and shiny. Buftys in other words.

Milky white rain stains!!! one for the pro's

Search this Thread

Old 20-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milky white rain stains!!! one for the pro's

Hi,

Right gave my old orion a good going over with a clay bar, menzerna power gloss, red moose glaze and p21s wax.
Done this using a pc, came up really good.

The colour is radiant red and was in poor shape, pink roof, boot, boot spoiler and bonnet but came up really well considering i wasnt taking my time over it.

Anyway lasted very well for 2 days then it rained when it was left at work and the sun came out and dried the rain and left me with faintish milky white rain spots on the roof, bonnet and boot.

Tried to remove them today with, red moose glaze and meguires no83 but they wouldnt budge!!!!

Would it be better to use a proper mop rather than the pc?

Whats your thoughts?

P.S forgot how much i hate old ford red paint lol
Old 23-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Polished Bliss
Official Car Care Sponsor

Hmm, I think the weak link here is the protection afforded by the wax. P21S looks very nice, but it's got extremely limited durability, and offers little in the way of sealing the finish properly. If the paint can be corrected well using the PC then no need to switch to a rotary, but I would recommend swapping to a more durable final coating. Given the speed at which old solid red paint oxidises and turns milky, I'd suggest taking a look at sealant systems, and in particular the Werkstat Acrylic system. This is easy to apply and a lot more durable than the P21S wax. If you layer it up, you build up an acrylic skin on the paint that will really help to keep oxidation and milkiness at bay. More information on this link for you...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...-kit-kits.html

If this kit didn't do the trick I'd then be considering a respray if you love the car; if Werkstat Acrylic didn't effectively seal it then nothing will!

Old 24-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Thanks for the reply.
Will give that a go then.
Na dont love the car enough for a respray its only a run around lol!

I thought the p21s was a really good wax, ive also got mothers top coat sealant aswell, any good?

What others besides the one you have linked would you recomend?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Polished Bliss
Official Car Care Sponsor

I'm not clued up on the Mothers range, so can't offer an opinion on how well the sealant you have will work; no harm trying it out mind! The P21S is a good wax and gives a cracking finish; it's just the durability that sucks, so many people reserve it purely for show car use. Other than the kit already linked, you could try this one also...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...-kit-kits.html

It will give you more colour pop, but less overall protection - I'd avoid paste wax products, as none of them will seal the finish as effectively as a polymer sealant (and you ideally need this benefit to help prevent the problems from coming back).