Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

XR2 Zetec Turbo Project. VERY HIGH SPEC. MAY BREAK PARTS

Search this Thread

Old 18-10-2015, 09:30 PM
minky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XR2 Zetec Turbo Project. VERY HIGH SPEC. MAY BREAK PARTS

Ford Fiesta MK2 2.0 Blacktop Zetec Turbo unfinished Project. Professionally prepared to this point using an immaculate shell and the very best parts.

The project began with a genuine MK2 XR2 which lookedvery solid. The shell was stripped and upon removing the fuel tank a lot of rot was discovered. I have the chassis plate, log book (V5) and handbook pack to this vehicle.

As I wanted the best base possible I bought another MK2 Fiesta, a 1.1L with the benefit of no sunroof. I have the chassis plate, logbook (V5) and handbook pack to this vehicle too. This shell was stripped and is in excellent condition. The only repair required was to one sill, the rest of the car is completely genuine as the pictures show.

All work so far has been carried out by MDA Motorsport of Chester who came recommended to me based on their reputation for rally preparation.

The work to the shell includes removal of all sound deadening, fully seam welded, New Custom Cages Multipoint MSA compliant cage in T45 steel fully fitted and welded with door bars and strengthening plates, unique one off touring car style steering column designed, made and fitted, preparation for fitting pedal box, preparation of suspension tops for fully adjustable suspension, fixing point for fuel cell welded in place, preparation for rear mounted radiator, arches prepared and rally arches fitted, Plate cut and welded for engine bay to mask all unsightly unrequired holes, seat rails welded in place.

If you’ve had a project car before, or done this level of preparation yourself, you’ll be aware of the countless hours of labour to prepare a shell to this standard.

Here is a list of the parts I have to be fitted to the car. All of these parts have been fitted to the car before being stripped again to ensure a straight forward build once painted;

● Zetec turbo engine tall block, professionally built by Devil Developments, low comp forged pistons, steelrods, ARP rod bolts, uprated valve springs and retainers, black top engine converted to run silver top water pump and timing kit so no extra unsightly pulley, new bearings, oil pump, water pump gaskets and cam belt. RWD sump. Good for 400+BHP. Very few miles since built.

● Genuine Garrett GT30.71 turbo with 3 bolt Cosworth style exhaust flange, oil and water fittings included

● Omex 600 ECU with brand new loom from Omex for Zetec turbo

● ATL 60 litre Fuel Cell, fully foam baffled (unused)

● Custom Cages Multipoint cage in lighter T45 steel (welded in) – FIA / MSA COMPLIANT (new)

● Wilwood 4 pot brake callipers with brackets to run 278 mm discs

● AIRTEC Cosworth 50mm core all alloy radiator (new)

● SPA Design 6 hole quick release steering wheel boss (new)

● Tubular Exhaust Manifold made by Devil Developments (new)

● Adjustable bias pedal box (new)

● Compomotive MO5 alloy wheels, fully reconditioned with new Yokohama Tyres

● Smith and Deakin Rally Arches x4 (new)

● Smith and Deakin side skirts (new)

I have the original gearbox, door / window seals, lights and all original parts that were stripped from the car. I do not have the original seats or door cards, parcel shelf or bonnet.

This project owes me a small fortune. I have been completely committed to it with both the quality of parts bought and paying for the very best expertise and labour. I am only selling at this stage due to the purchase of a house and subsequent relocation. I have receipts for all parts bought new (the roll cage was £950 plus fitting alone) and all the details for parts bought second hand.

The engine, turbo and Omex management was bought from a member of staff of Classic Ford Magazine (Deputy Editor IIRC). They fully rebuilt a 1968 Cortina which was heavily featured in the magazine and these parts were taken from that car. Here is the link to one of the articles;
http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/128156/1968-cortina-zetec-turbo-painted

If you’reinterested in a part I’m happy to chat but I would rather sell the project as a whole to somebody who willcomplete it.

The shell is located at a friend’s body shop inStoke-on-Trent, ST6, and I’m located in Betws-y-Coed LL24.

I'm looking for £5400. I'm struggling to upload the pictures so if you're interested I'll send pics direct.

Thanks

Last edited by minky; 19-10-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 18-10-2015, 09:44 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

may have a interest in the atl fue;mate ,pm me a price please
Old 18-10-2015, 10:02 PM
minky

Done, thanks.
Old 18-10-2015, 10:47 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd be interested in the omex and loom if you do break.
Old 19-10-2015, 06:56 PM
minky

A few pics now added, turns out it's easier from an iPad!