Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

My Mondeo ST TDCI - SOLD

Old 21-02-2015, 04:23 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default My Mondeo ST TDCI - SOLD

SOLD - My 2005 Ford Mondeo 2.2 ST TDCI, in performance blue. My pride and joy.

I have owned this car for 7 years, and bought it with 17,000 miles on it. It has now done 153,000 miles, virtually all being motorway miles by myself to work and back.

I am the second owner and bought this car from the chap who bought it new, and he literally picked all the nice extras off the spec list, so it has xenon headlights, rear parking sensors, rear light reactive windows, remote boot release, Sony 6 Disc CD etc etc. And everything works!

I have kept all of the history of work I've either done or had done on it. It has every Mot certificate from new, all being done by the same garage in Lincoln (F1 Autocentre). Most of the work I've had done on the car that I haven’t done myself has also been done by this garage. It's Mot'd til June.

The bodywork is generally excellent, the only thing of note is a couple of tiny 'trolley' dents on the drivers door, done by someone careless in my work car park, and a few little scratches on the rear drivers door (where I ran into our wheelie bin on the drive). There are a few chips on the bonnet but not really many for a car of this age and mileage. The half leather interior is excellent, with only normal wear being on the drivers seat. The rear seat has probably only been sat on a couple of times since I've had it, so still looks like new, as does the passenger seat. It has the brushed aluminium interior finish too, which is in lovely condition. I have also replaced the gearknob with a new genuine Ford leather one with the red stitching, and the gear lever gaiter with a new leather one with red stitching.

Mechanically the car is generally good. It does puff a little bit of smoke when you first start it from cold (don't they all) but runs really well on the road, and the engine is very quiet and torquey.

Recent work includes new auxilliary belt and tensioner, exhaust heatshield, front CV gaiters, rear brakes and handbrake cables. And I had the rear exhaust rear box with the proper one with the straight out end, rather than the one that most garages supply that point down and don't look right on a car like this.

I always use Castrol Magnatec for every oil change and have just changed the oil, oil filter and air filter. I do all my own oil and filter changes, because then I know it’s done properly. Obviously I do them quite regularly because of the mileage I do. I’ve recorded all of these changes in the service book.

I have the original 2 keys for the car, the spare key still looking brand new because I've never used it, and all the original handbooks and documentation are there too.

Before its first Mot I took the original number plate off, replacing it with my own cherished number (B19 TJA), which has now been removed and it has gone back to its original 05 plate.

It has never been trashed, crashed, thrashed, painted up or written off. But feel free to do your own checks.

Just a couple of things to note, the wheels could do with a refurb (as always with these cars). And there was a chip right in the middle of the windscreen which happened a few years ago. I had it repaired by Auto Windscreens but it does still show, although it won't get any worse now and it's nowhere near the drivers view so never affected the Mot.

I really think you'll struggle to find a more honest car anywhere, obviously it is high miles but it's also been well looked after and has loads of expensive extras you won't find on most of them.

Here's some pics taken from today 21/02/15 after I just gave her a wash.

I want £2,000 cash in my hand and not a penny less, so if you want to pay less please try and find another one, I wish you luck. If I wanted it to sit about for a bit I'm sure I could get more but I want to sell it, and sell it to someone who will appreciate it, not just rag it to death.

I've never owned a car as long as this one, it's honestly never let me down and I'll be sad to see it go.

Please no joyriders or just coming for an afternoon out please, I won't be impressed and you certainly won't be driving the car.

MIGHT DO SOME SORT OF PART OR EVEN FULL DEAL ON SOMETHING, YOU CAN OFFER ME ANYTHING, I CAN ONLY SAY NO. BUT IT MUST BE SENSIBLY PRICED.

Last edited by TrevCos; 28-03-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 22-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Bloody cheap car this. I wouldnt let the mileage put people off. Glwts. Ive never heard of light reactive windows on these before.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:13 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Glenn_
Bloody cheap car this. I wouldnt let the mileage put people off. Glwts. Ive never heard of light reactive windows on these before.

It really is Glenn. Basically all I want is a hassle free sale. Yes, I didn't realise it had them when I first bought it, but both the rear sides are like reactolite lense type glass. The guy that bought it literally took everything off the spec list apart from satnav, and and he didn't like the chrome finishings too, so didn't have those. It really is a classy looking car, and even now it's nearly 10 years old it still looks modern.

So apart from the standard cruise control, aircon, 6 disc Sony CD with steering wheel controls, electric windows all round, rain sensitive wipers, 6 speed box, heated electric half leather seats, heated front and rear screens, quick clear screen, traction control, it's got:

Reactolite rear windows.
Xenon headlights (which can be set to automatic light sensitive).
Rear parking sensors.
Remote boot release from inside the car (I didn't even realise this was an option til recently).

It's basically specced up to the max. I'd be very surprised if you could find one with this spec anywhere else. And everything on it works.

As I say, this has been my baby for 7 years, the longest I've ever owned a car because it's just been a joy to own.

Last edited by TrevCos; 22-02-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 22-02-2015, 04:18 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And apart from all the spec it's so torquey as well!
Old 23-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Yeh its defo well specced.
Old 26-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Brickhouse
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be interested chap!!

Few questions.....

Do the 2.2's suffer from the injector troubles that the 115 and the 130's do?

How often have the services been done and what would you say the average mpg is?

Many thanks.
Old 26-02-2015, 09:04 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Brickhouse
Could be interested chap!!

Few questions.....

Do the 2.2's suffer from the injector troubles that the 115 and the 130's do?

How often have the services been done and what would you say the average mpg is?

Many thanks.

I'm not sure it's quite as common as those, and I've never had to have them done on mine, but saying that I know other people who have, so I can't say it doesn't happen.

Because all of my miles are motorway, it's always done by mileage rather than by time. I use Magnatec and usually do oil and filter changes every 10-12,000 miles, and then any other work as the car needs it.

On the motorway I'm getting near to 50mpg. Obviously you'd get a bit less if you're just tootling round town, but it's very economical for what it is. Hope that helps.
Old 28-02-2015, 04:39 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

The injector fault isnt as common as the 2ltr tdci engines.

These 2.2s dont seem to suffer from faulty injectors.
Old 16-03-2015, 08:38 AM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Oil light issue now sorted. Basically what had happened was someone had whacked it on the bottom of the sump (I'm pretty sure it must have happened when it was in the garage having the auxiliary belt and tensioner done) because I haven't done it, and it broke the oil pickup pipe (they're plastic on these cars). So when it was on the flat all was well, but going round steep corners and the oil going to one side of the sump it wasn't picking up enough.

So, I've fitted a new pickup pipe, a brand new sump, and done another oil (Magnatec) and filter change, so the oil is mega clean now. Took it out this morning to my mums (30 mile round trip) and it's spot on, no oil lights and the engine is really quiet. So the car is up for sale now.

I would say if you want one of these seriously consider mine, you can buy them cheaper but I doubt you'd get one like mine, massive history and really been looked after, I am the second owner, had it 7 years and done nearly all of the mileage in it (virtually all motorway with the cruise on), and it's very highly specced too.

Give me a shout if you're interested.
Old 16-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Brickhouse
Regular Contributor

If only I had the money as I would have this in a flash!
Old 16-03-2015, 07:27 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Brickhouse
If only I had the money as I would have this in a flash!

Thanks for the comment mate, it's appreciated. I really think this is a heck of a lot of car for £2k. Oh well, it either sells or it doesn't, if it doesn't it's no great shakes. It's worth £2k to me all day long.
Old 17-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Brickhouse
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by TrevCos
Thanks for the comment mate, it's appreciated. I really think this is a heck of a lot of car for £2k. Oh well, it either sells or it doesn't, if it doesn't it's no great shakes. It's worth £2k to me all day long.
Definitely mate..... I would not take a penny less than 2k if it was mine.
Old 18-03-2015, 02:50 PM
ludacris s
Regular Contributor

Very nice.
If I get my LCR sold I'd be really interested.

Last edited by ludacris s; 18-03-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old 28-03-2015, 02:38 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Car is now sold and gone to it's new home.
Old 31-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Coolio. Hopefully it will get well looked after.
Old 31-03-2015, 11:45 AM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It definitely will. If the new owner wants people to know he's bought it I'll leave that to him, but there is no doubt in my mind it will be very well looked after.