View Single Post
Old 29-06-2019, 11:23 AM
Chain-time
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 mk1 ka brake problems

Hi all,

Im hoping someone could help, the wifes ka has an issue with its brakes. The brake discs and pads are recent within last 4-5k miles. First issue is when you have been driving for a while i.emotorway not havi g to use the brakes for a bit and you go to use the pedal it is firmer than usual and pressure is right st the very top of the pedal (virtually allowing no travel before the the brakes begin to engage). Letting off and braking again and the pedal travels a littld further and the brakes are much better and stops better. ( The travel is what id say was the norm)

Second issue is when you hit the brakes hard i.e emergency stop and then drive away and go to use the brakes again... The pedal creeps down pumping brings it back up. ( This issue appears to have fixed itself while parked up for a few days). Ive checked the fluid level and it doesnt appear to have moved and theres no leaks. Someone mentioned back brakes may need adjusting but the handbrake comes up 4 clicks and feels fine..

Thanks in advance just not entirely sure whrre to start looking if its the back brakes that need adjusting will this affect the handbrake as i dont think it needs to be much tighter?

Rob