Old 08-11-2017, 04:50 PM
StefanCurpas
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShavedApe
I have had this too on a 03 plate tddi 1.8 only mine went from bad to worse and now the car will not turn over at all I have dashes where my mileage should be car just wont turn over at all not even a click.

Ive been told ECU fault ive also been told Pump failure, wouldnt mind knowing what it is so I know how much money its going to cost me dont want to start throwing money at it because people are guessing.

All electrics work fine just no response when I turn key and dashes show in mileage.
Hi

I bought an 2001 Ford Focus 1.8 TDDi a couple of months ago. Everything was just fine, than I've got home, left the car, got back to do some shopping, engine wouldn't start. It was turning but that was it. The problem was the fuel line that went from the diesel filter to the pump. I've replaced that and everything was great afterwards. Fast forward a month or two. The engine died every time I was reversing up a hill. It worked perfectly fine in any other given situation. Asked some friends for help. We found out that two of those rubber tubes that go from the intercooler to the turbo were punctured and they were loosing pressure and oil. Changed that, changed oil and filters and everything was great. Fast forward one month it died while climbing a hill. That time it died for good, it would't turn, I had no power, no electricity, nothing. I was turning the key and nothing happened. Waited a few minutes, it started and ran perfectly. The problem was that the battery terminals weren't properly fixed in place, and from the heat and everything they expanded too much and they weren't making contact anymore. So the problem could be something really small and insignificant. You should check this first and only then trow money on pumps and injectors. One of my friends is working in a Bosch service and he told me that this engine and fuel system won't die on you. Never.