View Single Post
Old 28-12-2015, 09:46 PM
JoeyBoyden
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More recently, I have now added a polybushed MK5 Zetec S rear axle which totally alters the handling characteristics. I didn't really get any pics of me doing this, but should be able to see it in the background before I dropped the Si one.

Again, this was a bit of a pig so I ended up replacing both rear brake hoses and handbrake cables. The car handles even better now, it's slightly lower at the back again but only by 5mm and really hugs now. The axle bushes are quite common to go on these but I must have had limited edition MK3's because both Si's I have owned had bushes that were in good condition. However despite this, I noticed under heavy cornering the back did feel a bit vague but now with addition of the thicker axle and stiffer bushes, it really hugs the road well! The bigger MK5 drums also have noticeable difference when braking even if it's a subtle difference.

I have found after owning it a while the colour hasn't really grown on me so I am ideally looking for another MK3 with an original colour to swap all running gear and goodies off this one to put into an original shell. I miss my old one a lot!

"One minutes silence for where my green one inevitably ended up"

Last edited by JoeyBoyden; 28-12-2015 at 09:47 PM.