Old 31-08-2015, 08:53 PM
rdvil
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gchristophi
It's an amazing feeling as I've been in modified cossies and you just can't stop smiling. On the flip slide, those modified cossies I've been in are not around now . Mines in good nick, but it's still 24 years old and I'm conscious of pushing it at an age like this. Need to have it running sweet, keep it good nick and now that saffs are climbing in price, who knows? In my 22years of driving it, I know that you can hemirage £££'s at it very easily.
Based on my much much shorter experience, I'm still confident it's not the power that kills these things but the abuse. You're clearly not abusing yours, as boosting cold or shutting down hot kills standard cars as easily as modified ones. Driving fast, going around a track? Old Ford seems to love that stuff, extra power or not
And after all, boost is still relative to the right foot. On normal driving there's no extra stress on the car and even the fuel economy is same. Install a lambda and a closed loop chip, economy could be even better than a red top usually gets.

I admire original spec cars and respect people who keep them that way, it just feels like the poor cossie is...chained up somehow, and needs that 300 horses to feel free. It is still pretty close to standard, and behaves that way, turbo kick just goes on for a bit longer.