Old 13-01-2015, 02:12 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by crashtest
I've just insured one of my three cars with Adrian flux solely because they came out as the cheapest on confused.com. while doing the online thing I clicked on the wrong date for the start of the policy I wanted the inception date to be the 17th Jan but clicked the lower week the 24th Jan
"MY FAULT I HOLD MY HANDS UP"
So today bearing in mind I only did the online thing Saturday night I phoned Adrian flux telling them I'd made a mistake and asking if they could bring the inception date forward a week. I was then told that they needed to ask me a few questions before the policy could be approved. After 15 minutes on the phone being grilled about a claim at my old address back in Febuary 2012 I explained that the claim was not by me but my daughter on her own insurance so I hadn't lied on my proposal as I think she were indicating. At this point I was told to hang on while she check things out so I ask them to phone me back. some time later I get a call back saying that everything's ok and they will cover me for the price quoted but to bring the inception date forward I will incur a charge of £50.00 at this point I'm not happy as the policy hadn't even been accepted 30 minutes ago. so I tell them not to bother and I'll go elsewhere. that's fine but you will also incur a £50.00 charge for cancelation of the policy. I've already paid them so I'm in a no win situation here. At this point I let then know that I have three cars and was seriously considering moving my xr3i insurance over to them from peter james as they are quoting it a little cheaper but following the way things have gone over the last 30 minutes I wont be doing so. At this point she offers to move the inception date forward for £30.00 but me being me I refuse to budge. why should I pay them any money at all for what amounts to very little work on their behalf when this could have been done while setting up the policy that had not been done 30 minutes earlier and at the start of the call I made to change the date being told that the policy hadn't been approved yet.
Anyway the outcome is that I now have a policy with Adrian flux that starts a week after I need it to so I'm going to be without my new car for a week. with this in mine I will never use again or recommend Adrian flux to anyone.
any feedback from Adrian flux welcome.

Hi Crashtest,

Sorry to hear about this.

I've replied to you on another forum - If you can PM me your details I can investigate this urgently.

Kind regards
Dan.