View Single Post
Old 21-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Brendan
struggling with reality

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
i don't really care how crap tyres are at laying down the power - but i am concerned with how well they will stop and the 2 things normally go hand in hand and when the time comes to avoid an accident, the extra £100 is worth it otherwise you'd be paying out an insurance excess
I am agreeing with "foreigneRS" well my view is want good grip, going fast is nice but stopping is Fu**ing essential! especially with my family in the car! Several of my fiends asked me why I a prepaired to go overdrawn to buy my tyres for the BMW -> because I ferry my daughter around in it to London (400 odd mile motorway trip) then there is the school run, with "local child" (TM) who cycles out in front of you without looking, and crosses those double white lines etc again without looking. Yes I might make them last to payday but, its a bad risk! Again also asked why I spent that much on a nice set of Michelin pilots!

Also I agree that you need to up rate the brakes and the suspension / tyres before you make your car go faster!

Am I alone thinking that if I let my daughter get hurt through my stupidity of not making sure the car she was in would not skid into an accident when the brakes are used in anger, not only would I have to live with it but my wife would kill me?