View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Testing a new product idea today.

Having owned and driven plenty of Cosworths, i know a few of the little problems you can get with them.
One of those issues is after fitting a turbo cooler keeping the temperature down during the summer, the coolant doesnt get hot enough during the winter! I used to have to disconnect mine during the winter months or the car cruised at under 70 degrees! still in cold start!

Also, directing the coolant from the turbo straight to the header tank with no cooler will help reduce warm up time by a great deal, as the coolant pumped through the turbo warms up very very fast indeed and when the car is cold you dont want to be cooling this down!

So i have been working on a thermostat that we can use on the Turbo coolers,

This will allow coolant to flow straight back to the header tank when the car is cold, to help reduce the warm up time, and also keep the temperatures up when the car is cold.
And then when the thermostat opens the coolant is diverted through the turbo cooler, so it only works when it really needs to.
This Thermostat also constantly allows a trace flow through the turbo cooler to prevent air locks.

What do you guys think? good idea?
Ive tested the first one today, the results were perfect!

im currently working to make it into a kit we can sell. There are plenty of options open here, hard piped, silicone hose, even having a new fitting welded to allloy header tanks so each has its own return.

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 10-05-2012 at 02:35 PM.