View Single Post
Old 17-04-2012, 12:30 PM
purplecivicturbo
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a small idea..

I am building a wind splitter onto the bottom of my new (not bought yet) CF spoon lip.. But based on aero theory, it really needs to be as close to the ground as possible, to limit the amount of air flowing under the floor. This will later be expanded by a custom rear diffuser..

I want to get the splitter done before the respray really so i dont damage anything whilst i do it.. But ive had a "clever" idea..

You need it as close as possible to the deck, but on the road and at low speeds when the car is manouvring it could foul the ground. An ingenious idea would be to electronically drop the splitter closer to the road when it isnt likely to foul and lift it at lower speed. An example of this is the Mitsubishi GTO, that had a "variable venturi" which dropped in the same way.

I have managed to obtain th electonic diagram of how it works, and managed to get the motor / mechanism cheaply. I am planning on modifying my rear wing computer to drive it too and mount a wind splitter and secondary (normally hidden behind spoon lip) airdam which the GTO mechanism will drop down at speeds above 70mph..

Its a little over the top, but since i need to make the mechanism to hold the splitter anyway, and since i got the mechanism for £15 delivered, i couldnt say no lol