View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Ginn L
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pig
only just seen this,class fab work there mate,the 2wd manifold should fit ok in there.i had to reshape it alittle where the spacer plate goes on the inner wing but nothing you lads cant sort out tbh.i had a gt35 on 2wd manifold in my orange mk1.atlas and gripper defo the way to go as well.if youve not sourced an axle yet give fostek a call they are the bollocks for these axles mate.all the best with it and keep at it
Cheers for the advice mate, much appreciated. I haven't dropped the engine in yet to have a look, but I imagine it will be tight. The one thing I don't like about the engine is the big rusty cast manifold.
I'm planning to get a Peter G one at some point and fit an External Wastegate, but I've got other expensive things I need to buy first

I love your old Mexico, I've only seen it in the flesh with the Millington engine since you sold it, it's a great car!
And yeah I've already got an Atlas, but I was going to speak to Fostek about the shafts and LSD.

Thanks everyone else for the comments. I haven't posted in a while since I've been having trouble getting my pics off my Iphone. But I'll upload them tonight.

Since I last posted we've got the rear all bulkhead done, pretty much ready for primer. Made and welded in the rear crossmember, and been prepping up a lot of the shell ready for primer. It's still a long way away, but the next main job is the rollcage then most of the welding is done.

Looking at getting the car done for June, July sort of time I would imagine.