View Single Post
Old 16-12-2011, 04:19 PM
mgtkr1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

hi there, it seems either the battery is dud or the charger wasnt charging. refitted the trickle charged battery and would not even crank the engine however there was enough juice to quickly try the lights that ive refitted. the new holders been pattern shite were gripping the bulbs. ie not allowing contact. so after changing the 5 fuses i had blown it seems i have lights/indicators bar n/s indicator. on closer ins[pection it seems the connector block is fucked thush not allowing the needed contact. they ind conectors inside the block have 2-3mm of lateral and vertical play, sometimes not even going onto the male(bulb holder) spade. ive swappred stalk/holder and bulbs aswell as the fuses i chuffed up. i think the battery or charger is dead and is a seperate issue but once i try the other charger i can eliminate. def seems like a short somerwhere though ie the engine dying when hitting the lihghts? there isnt a fuse for the alternator somehow is there? cant see it myself. i just changed all the fuses 1 at a time. is there some sort of reg/relay that allows the battery to provide its current thsat i may have cooked? ps the other charger has 3 lights, 2 of witch say bulk charge and foayt charge. atm its on bulk charge indicating the battery is flat. can someone clarify? cheers, ill let you know what i find mate

Last edited by mgtkr1; 16-12-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: add