Thread: 3dr restoration
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 05:00 AM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajamesc
them wheels and rear lights need to go when u put it back togther

IMO the lights will be staying as thats the way i prefer it, i am not a purist and i use the car everyday when i am home.

As for the rest of the comments thank you very much, it is about time it got done as i want the car to last for as long as possible, glad i decided to leave it with Pete ( massive thanks mate, no get your ass back in the garage and dont come out till its done lol) and his guys at RStorations for taking on the task whilst i am in hotter, sandier climates thanks to the Quenn god bless her.

not much will change with the actual appearence of the car minus the stickers obviously, just a full freshen up, repaint and underneath cleaned with all the parts being blasted and painted, then anything that needs attention good ol Pete will let me know and replacements being sourced with the same cleaning and painting treatment to freshen everything up, engine wise it will be going to stage 3 with a new turbo when the old one blows up (dont like fixing things that aint broken maybe a possible rebuild before it goes maybe in order and possibly cheaper).

The car will be painted in the new FRS frosted white (purists i know but i dont care i never intend to sell it) as its new er and fresher colour, decisions will be made on the stickers when and if i ever put some more on when i see the finished item!!

with all that done it will never be a concourse car as i use it as my daily but just wanted it to get some TLC and glad the time was right as it has shown from the pics above.

please feel free to comment or throw some ideas my way and i may take some of them on, or if you have any bits you need to get rid of that may help the cause inbox me or put them on here, thanks.