View Single Post
Old 26-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Zzz...Zzz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I AM still alive, please accept my "apologies" for not updating lately.

It all come down to two things, i have been refurbishing a flat , and simply havent done anything to the car!
It´s really annoying, all was good and the flat was on time to be finished end of january , but then really cold weather hit the water pipes and mayhem was loose... so my time budget was kinda fucked...

Was supposed to be in the dyno by last week, but obviously did not make it.

But, a small update... been cracking at it the last couple of days and we are just about there...

So, another boring statusupdate...

We have made a new carbonfibre bonnet wich is soon to be painted as the old one, albeit, carbon finish on the underside... save about 10kg with this mod

Name:  IMAG_0155-1.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  41.0 KB

The new billet comp turbos are in place, and both exhausts are modded til fit , as are the wastegate exits, the exit´s are now plumbed into the exhaust on both sides.
New pressure pipes are fitted and ALL pressure and water pipes are now fitted with wiggins clamps insted, it was a far more serviceable solution - especially the water pipes, getting the fittings on and off the heads, on each side of the throttle body was a real pain in the ..... each time so i changed the design.

Name:  IMAG_0159.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  96.7 KB

Also, a new mod to the rear diff housing. The rear lid of them is a known weakness, even tough we had a steel bracing fitted to it, i was not happy with the solution.
So a complete new CNC macghined lid was made and also has provision for pre tension of the main bearings for the diff itself.

Name:  DSC02278.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  46.6 KB
Name:  DSC02279.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  31.4 KB
Name:  DSC02284.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  44.5 KB
Name:  DSC02287.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  32.9 KB
Name:  DSC02280.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  31.8 KB

I also bought a unimog, the mother and father of all 4x4´s....

Some pictures from when i picked it up, somwhere far far far away in a lost fjord somwhere in the nortwest of norway... :P