Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
You seem to be missing the point that dug is making based on the lower end of 90s F1 engines which is vaguely comparable technology, not on modern ones with have utterly nothing in common with a YB, they dont even run valve springs for example and their tolerances are so close they cant be run without preheating them to the correct temperature.

Anyway, such arguments are pointless, im sure a lot of the parts made for this engine are pointlessly overspecced or possibly even miss specced, but its an interesting build none the less and if I ever win the lottery i'll probably be doing similar with a "everything I can think of" type build as well, such things are no doubt enjoyable if you have the resources even if some aspects of the build arent actually pointfull.
He's missing my point that a stock honda 4pot can rev to 9krpm so it shouldnt be unconceivable that an engine with a lot of cash thrown at it cant rev a bit more.

After all BDA's in race trim often rev above ten grand, and they're prehistoric!

I know a litte about f1 engines and their pneumatic 'valves', tolerances and heat cycles, I was merely pointing out power outputs

And a 1994 engine is in now way comparable tech to that cossie, also they used much more hi tech exotic materials than they are allowed to now. No berylium alloys these days, just the latest MMC's

I had a bike made from MMC in 1994

Anyway, i'm glad we agree argueing is pointless and that the cossie power output it feasible

Last edited by It's Czech Mate; 02-01-2011 at 11:15 PM.