View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 04:59 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dandannydandan
A little cardio everyday isn't bad but smashin hard cardio sessions in the gym everyday IS. Doing cardio breaks down the muscle tissue and requires muscular recovery similar to weight training. It's commen sense if nothing else. Guy's, I'm a newbie to this site but I'm no stranger to fitness. I've been training seriously for a few years but my job over the last 10 years insists that I have inforced regular fitness sessions. Training is my first love, I will shortly be aquiring a personal trainer qualification. Sorry if I sound like I've got the hump, I haven't, I just don't like people recieving bad advice. You can get quite ill and recieve some irreversable injuries. You only get one body, you gotta love it.
no offence mate,its not hard the get a PT qualification,most of the PT's i know at gyms are clueless and your not inspiring me to change my opinion.exercise everyday is not harmful in anyway unless your suffereing fatigue or an injury which restricts you doing particular exercise.im constantly on my feet at work running around up downstairs etc,you saying i should ask for time off every week because thats bad for me,ill put that to my boss tomorrow,a guy thats nearly a PT says its not healthy for me all this exercise and that i have an illness
the heart muscle is the most important muscle in the body and needs regualar exercise to function,not like other muscles in the body which need time to repair.you've obviously had misguided info from your teacher/lecturer.athletes train everyday,bodybuilders cutting for a comp train everyday,most sportsmen train everyday and only time they rest is when theyve have done there comp and winding down or there injured.if she was weight training AND cardio then id advice taking rest in between to let the muscles repair and get the nutrients it needs to grow,but as for straight cardio,the more the better
Originally Posted by Chip
Dont confuse training to build muscles with training to lose weight.

From a weight loss perspective (what girls tend to be interested in) moderate exercise every day is a good thing, as it keeps your metabolic rate up.

From a training for big muscles point of view though, recovery time is absolutely vital like you say.
exactly mate,whether it be out a walk,kicking a football,swimming or even a few hours on the wii fit,every extra bit of exercise can only be a good thing.dont think my girlfriend would be too happy me saying sorry your not getting pumped tonight im on a rest day

Originally Posted by **caz**
Nail and Head Chip!!

Im going to the gym for weight loss, What I am doing at the gym is cardio to raise my heart rate and get some excerice which I can not do at work as I sit at a desk for anything between 9-12 hours a day, so getting to the gym after that shift is what I need to do!

Im really enjoying going too, I used to go 3/4 years ago but stopped, I was no where near into it as I am now, Even the thought that I have been 6 days out of 7 im amazed at and extremely proud of myself for finally getting the motivation to try and prove the doctors wrong when they say the females in my family wont lose weight naturally, and only through surgery! I am going to prove it can be done
every change counts,even if you cant get to the gym things like walking to and from work or use stairs instead of lifts,even doing housework would be seen as staying active,as chip says keeps the metabolic rate up and stops your frame of mind going into rest mode.