View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 05:59 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by M K
I know what you mean mark but there are certain areas like gearbox and diffs etc that i just can not posibly afford what i would like as a first choice,
for the diffs i think for cost and proven capability i will run gripper plated front with thick wall casing and strengthening plate and a gripper plated 7.5" rear diff,

im not sure on the gearbox at present but have looked into the bara boxes via marco as they are not unrealistic with the prices like some others.

the rear wrc set up is made to very high standards with top quality rod ends that imo may be overkill as they are very expensive, but as for the hubs and flanges for the price of the wrc items i really dont think id ever need them for mine being just a serious track car and not seeing the rough terrain your car will encounter on every stage outing, so will be using a custom rear hub to accept a gaz gold front upright and standard cosworth hub flange and bearing, i have ben assured for what i want the car for this will be up to the job and has been proven on past 1 or 2 past cars.

the front tca's, comp struts and adj track rod ends are very heavy duty and custom to my wide track set up and are far from standard quality and strength so no problems there,

i will only compramise on certain things and the suspension/geometry parts are not 1 of them as a failure in this area could be catastrophic for me on track.

i will get some pics etc of parts at a later date once made but as the cost is over 3 times my original budget for the shell and suspension components etc it will be a while yet.

that fair enough if money is the determining factor, the only things i think you will end up replacing real early in the use of your car would be the front diff (even with the thick case) and the Gaz shockers, just for a bit of info, I spoke to Gaz at the autosport show in Jan, and asked them about the possible usage for there dampers, and all i got was fast road really, nothing that tests the damper hard will work with them, my advise for your budget buy used bilsteins.