View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
bil_s2
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again.

Today I untaped the green wires that run from the negative end of the coil around the front of the car. Both wires are good. With my continuity tester I get a beep from the coil plug to pin 1 on the ecu. I read somehere on this site that the ecu runs at 5v. Is this correct?
When I connect a wire from the postive end of the coil to the battery positive, i still only get 5.6v across the coil. is this correct?

The fuel system primes and there is definitely fuel getting there. The lack of spark from the ht lead at the coil seems to be the main issue.

As my test bulb across the coil flashes rapidly when i turn the engine over, im guesing that the distributor is asking the ecu for a spark, the ecu is providing one to the coil, but the 5.6v isn't enough to generate a spark on the ht lead?

A silly question - should i get a continuity beep from one end of the coil ht lead to the other? I had assumed so, but i've tried 2 and it doesn't. Is it beacause of the graphite core? I'm now very confused by this.

Any further thoughts appreciated.
Thanks
Billy