Old 24-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The mk3Ghia story so far! (lots of pics!)

Hi all

thought I would post a small update on how the transformation is going on my mk3 ghia. Turning it from a grandad car to something respectable Plus if you lot are anything like me i just like looking at pictures of peoples bits (oooo errr missus!)

When I got her it was a completely standard mk3 with 60k on the clock(pretty much still is at the mo, frigging weather ) to refresh your memory's:

ewww mines red tho (everyone knows red paint adds 50bhp)

Heres what she looks like at the mo:

(note no lights or grill in & high rear sus due to wheels just being fitted. Haddnt settled yet)

And heres a photo chop of how I want her to look when finished!

(note de-striped, lowered, cossie disks, 1600i spoiler, de-locked and de-handled)

Bits ready for fitting!:

Twin choke webber, and K&N. Cleaned it all up & new gaskets etc...

A wheel I refurbed, just 4 more to go

Brand spanking Pnumont (dunlop) pn550's. i did a lot of comparisions with tyres with thanks to www.mytyres.net, There must be 100+ tyres all tested by the same people and these came out in the top 3. Only time will tell if they are right!

Spiffing 1600i rear spoiler. I drilled the necessary holes in the boot lid (hmm whats that brown stain in my pants??) So its pretty much ready to go! Due to a small amount of rust on the bootlid and holes where it was de-chromed, It wont be fitted untill I get a chance to respray the boot.

MISC PIC's:

New plates!

Gotta have some choons

refurbed grill... Lights and new fogs

Re-furbed headlight close up

Ok ok bit max powery but they are hellva nice mats!

Something I was playing around with in mspaint. MC-Rallying grill and lights. Im not so sure what do you lot think?

-----------

All my spare time lately has been spent cleaning out my nans disused TRIPPLE GARAGE!!!!! Has been used for the last 20 years to store everyone's crap that knows her Floor to ceiling shite, and knackered gates to top it off. Its nearly done now though so soon I will have somewhere to fit all this junk!

I have a cossie disk conversion (all round) with s2 front calipers in the pipeline, although Ive just been offered a Stage1 head and full janspeed system for £200 from a private seller\so the brakes might have to wait (yet again) untill next month.

Thats about it for now