Wheels and Tyres Wheels and Tyres for all Ford's

Buying tyres

Old 16-11-2014, 08:07 PM
nick46
VR46 The G.O.A.T

Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Buying tyres

Has anyone used www.tyretraders.com? If so what are they like?
Gonna be needing a couple of tyres soon and in my search I came across this website. They seem to be really cheap! I found a couple of Avon tyres and the fitted price at my local garage was £175 which I thought was rather good. I then went on the website for the garage and if I was to buy the same tyres direct from them, they want £260! How can the price be so different?
Old 17-11-2014, 12:03 AM
corky
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes mate, used them on many occasions, pirrellis for my impreza(8), rainsport 3's(2) for my old mans civic, rainsport 2's(4) for my mums corsa, toyo's t1r's(4) for my nova, and going to ordering for my orion turbo soon, never had a problem, great supplier, and postage is the same if you order 1 or 4, recommend them to anyone needing tyres.

I get them home delivered then a mate fits them cheap, was sceptical the first time i used them, as the first load of pirellis at 215/35/18 at 85 a corner i thought was too cheap and when i took them to my mate to fit, told him what i'd payed he said that was a cracking deal, used to use camskill before i found them now there the only place i use.

Don't know how they can do them cheap, but i'm not complaining, the tyres are in date and service has been first calss, although never had to phone them about any problems so don't know what there after sales service is like, but thats a good thing, as they are spot on first time.

Check the prices at camskill too, but tyretraders are usually cheaper.

Hope this helps.
Old 17-11-2014, 10:04 AM
andrew capstick
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default tyres

I use martins tyres not far from me i paid £129.00 for 1 Continental sports conti 5, where the same tyre at my local Ford dealer or National tyre place is close to the £200.00 mark,its good to shop about,good luck with your search.
Old 17-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Chances are the garage might be quoting you a "fitted" price.

I would recomend checking camskill.com as well.
Old 17-11-2014, 06:40 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

Tyre traders are spot on, I've used them a few times over the years.
Old 17-11-2014, 08:34 PM
cookiem
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought 2 tyres from click on tyres.co.uk last week,best prices and fast delivery,have a look.
Old 18-11-2014, 06:50 AM
Cosworth Lad
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tyre traders are spot on even there after sales service is good iv used them on number of times and can't complain iv got like fleet of vehicles so use them all the time just need to get some 17s now for the cos lol
Old 18-11-2014, 07:13 PM
nick46
VR46 The G.O.A.T

Thanks for all the replys guys, you've been really helpful. Looks like tyretraders it is. I will let you know how I get on, when I eventually get round to it.
I tried blackcircles yesterday as they say they price match any like for like quotes. Well guess what, they don't! They would not price match tyretraders even though the tyres were the same make and model and even gonna be fitted at the same garage! Not quite sure now why they say they price match????
Old 19-11-2014, 10:34 PM
nick46
VR46 The G.O.A.T

Well ordered two Avon ZZ5 225/40R18 tyres today at a cost of £175 fully fitted! and so far first impressions of tyretraders are very good. I spoke to a chap on the phone to see if the tyres I wanted were in stock and could be at the garage for Friday. He said yes, but while going through the booking process online, the garage wouldn't let me select Friday. The next day convenient for me would be the Monday so the chap on the phone said just select Monday so that the order process could be completed and then he would ring the garage to see if they could fit me in on Friday. So I completed the order online and gave him the order number. About 5-10mins later he called me back and said he'd spoke to the garage and they said Friday would be fine. The tyres should arrive at the garage Friday morning and they will fit them in the afternoon - result!
Fingers crossed it all goes to plan. If it does then I'll definitely be using them again soon as my front tyres are nearly dead as well. I just don't understand how the arrangement works with the garage, cos like I said in my first post, if I bought the tyres through the garage that are gonna be fitting them, it would've cost me £260!
Old 20-11-2014, 11:29 PM
jc2000e
Regular Contributor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

i've used these guys before, they are local to me no issues with service
Btw the ZZ5 tyres what are they to go on? I have used them before a leon cupra 225 45 17. they are ok but didn't last very long.
Old 21-11-2014, 08:11 AM
nick46
VR46 The G.O.A.T

They are going on the rear of my Focus ST. I've got Falkens on at the moment and they have done 15600 miles including a track day. The fronts are also Falkens and they have done 10,000 miles (no track day), and are almost dead.
I'm running a full turbo back exhaust with 200cell cat and Bluefin stage 2, so I don't really think anything you put on the front is really gonna last! If I can get 10,000 out of a set of fronts then I think thats pretty good.
I intend to put the Avons on the front as well when the time comes, is there anything else you would recommend that is in the same price range (£80-£90 a tyre, fitted).
Old 21-11-2014, 10:40 AM
jc2000e
Regular Contributor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Irrc i got in the region of 8k out of them. on the front that was, i was running full miltek some induction kit, cant think what it was and a Rtech stage1 map.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-summer-t...item3f3f55ab6f
iv run these before and found them pretty good both dry and wet.
Old 21-11-2014, 12:10 PM
nick46
VR46 The G.O.A.T

Just had my two new tyres fitted and cannot fault tyretraders.com. The correct tyres were delivered to the garage on time, and when I got to the garage all I had to do was give them the order number and verification code that gets sent to you in an email. I will definitely be using tyretraders again when I come to change my front tyres. The only thing that did annoy me a bit was the fact that the fitters were slagging off the Avon tyres. I asked what they would recommend and they said Falkens - well they would say that as they are Falken dealers!
The way I see it is if you don't try different tyres you don't know what they are like. It doesn't matter how many reviews you read, you will always get some people that think a particular tyre is the best thing since sliced bread and then others will think it's rubbish! As cost is a major factor for me I just try and buy the best I can with my available budget. Avon are a very well known brand and it just so happens they were in my price range, so I thought I'd give them a go!